Damaged MicroSD Card

Hi,

I have a 32gb sandisk ultra micro SD card. Have been using it fine for months. Then yesterday all of a sudden I went to look at the photos in my phone and it is saying the card is blank or has unsupported files. I was using it 5 minutes previously without any issues to take photos. It has been working fine since the say I got it. Have tried using my card reader on my laptop to see what’s what with it and its not even acknowledging that it is in the reader.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I don’t want to lose the photos that is on there.

Thanks

:smiley:   Hi Tanyatmf,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

1-   Please, clean the pins of the card and the phone slot, with isopropyl alcohol (or if not, medicinal).

2-   Try another card, also, in the phone.

3-  Test your card, microSDHC of 32 GB, in a laptop, directly to its port-card, with a good adapter (NOT a card-reader).

4-   If still bad, in Start / My Computer, on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties / Tools / Error Checking and Repair.

Luck, and then you tell us , what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred. (                                                            Google translated)

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

1-   Please, clean the pins of the card and the phone slot, with isopropyl alcohol (or if not, medicinal).

2-   Try another card, also, in the phone.

3-  Test your card, microSDHC of 32 GB, in a laptop, directly to its port-card, with a good adapter (NOT a card-reader).

4-   If still bad, in Start / My Computer , on the card icon, click the right mouse button, and then click in Properties / Tools / Error Checking and Repair.

Luck, and then you tell us , what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                              (Google translated)

Hi, have tried that and nothing works. I have a different cards in the phone and that is working fine. The card doesn’t show up when plugged into the card reader port on my laptop.

Sorry, if the laptop does not recognize the card, implies that it’s dead.

For more certainty, and other ideas, see here:

SanDisk Technical Support: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                                                        (Google translated)