Highlighted

CF Card failure - a bit different

My Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB CF card is not being recognized by my camera. I shot today, uploaded the images to my computer and put the card back into the camera - my usual procedure. This time the camera returned an error message stating the card needed to be formatted, but then would not format the card because "the card is faulty". I tried the card in my other camera and received the same error message. I placed the card back into the card reader and the computer recognizes the card. I’ve known cards to fail in camera and know how to attempt recovery of images, but I’ve never encountered this particular issue. I have four other Sandisk CF cards and these are performing as usual. Camera #1: Canon 5D-Mark II; Camera #2: Canon 5D. I’ve had the 16GB card for approximately 6 months. Any ideas?

Re: CF Card failure - a bit different

I'm in exactly the same state. I have six Extreme Pro 16GB 90/MB/s cards and during a shoot last week one had exactly the same failure. No cameras will read the card, nor will any PC's.

Am really unimpressed to see I'm not alone

I have the same problem. My Sandisk Extreme Pro is not recognized by my EOS 7D neither the computer...

I'm furious because I've lost 3 cards so far. They are all Sandisk 32 Gig cards. I shot with one and the same day my computer won't recognize the card. Then I put it in my camera and it says that I need to format the card. So I can't get video clips off the card now. I was working for a client so this is not cool. I was told not to fill up the card by a guy working at Calumet in Boston. Don't you allthink that Sandisk should be responsible for getting our data back? Any tips on making sure cards don't fail would be much appreciated. 

3 X 32GB cards have failed on me also. 

All 3 are Extreme 60MB/s UDMA are all now Extremely 0MB/s

Good news is, it's "only" $1000 down the toilet.

-CKeiser

I'm in the same boat here, too.

32GB Extreme CF Card will not read or format in the camera or computer. Canon 7D, Windows 7 PC

[ Edited ]

Same here guys, I'm using Canon 5D mk II, 32GB.

I was looking info on the net when I found this forum, with this problem.... Any one found how to solve this ??

It's quite urgent since I have got a wedding to shoot this weekend.  

Hi guys, 

I just wanted to give a short update of what I did.

I have put my card with an external card reader in the 3.0 USB port and waited at least 1 min, the adressbalk went green very slowly... Once completely green I clicked right mouse and waited again like 45 sec till popup showed up, then I have select format, again it took long till format tool opened. I deselected "fast formating" and clicked format, after like 10% the progress bar stopped. So I took out the memory card and re inserted it. This time it was quiete fast but still I couldn't open the memory card. So I clicked again on format card and this time I did the "fast formating", it took like 10 sec and their it was... my memory card showed up, I could open it and even my canon reconize it.

I don't know if I got luck, if those steps has nothing to do with but it worked for and that what is important.

I wish you all good luck, I just saved up $ 300 Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  

I am new to the SanDisk forum, but I have a problem similar to this thread.  I notice that the last posting was in May 2012.  Does that mean there was a solution found to an Extreme Pro card not being recognized by camera or computer?  I have lost quite a few photos on such a card, and no one seem able to recover them.  Does SanDisk respond to these posts?

So bummed on scan disk. This is third time a card has become unresponsive and they offer zero solutions their wack ass product.

Never again...