8gb memory card not regonised by player or PC

Hi

Can anyone do what SanDisk Techincal Support have not been able to do for me so far? I have just purchased a SanDisk 8 mb memory card but when inserted in the SanDisk clip+ 8 gb MP3 player  the info still tells me it still only has EIGHT GB of memeory and not the 16 I would expect. . Technical support have told me to format the card to FAT32 but this had no effect.I have the USB setting on “MSC” as was suggested to someone else on this form. I would be SOOOOOOO grateful for any suggestions as I am just going round in circles. :frowning:

Thanks

John 

If you insert a card to the player, it will not add up the space on the internal memory like you are expecting. Go to settings > system Info and make sure to press down and you will see internal memory and External SD separately.  :smiley:

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP...SO FAST!! IT WORKS :-)

JOHN

you’re welcome. :wink:

not framet

I have approx the same problem.  Just took 400+ photos with the 8 GB Ultra card in my Nikon DSLR.  Came home after 2 weeks and can not read the card on my PC or my HP photo printer.  I can print them when card is in the “all in one”, but can’t see them first.  Will going to settings >system info, etc. make mine work too?  Where is “settings” to be found?

@sylvia4 wrote:

I have approx the same problem.  Just took 400+ photos with the 8 GB Ultra card in my Nikon DSLR.  Came home after 2 weeks and can not read the card on my PC or my HP photo printer.  I can print them when card is in the “all in one”, but can’t see them first.  Will going to settings >system info, etc. make mine work too?  Where is “settings” to be found?

Jamieson was referring to the oroginal poster’s Clip+ mp3 player, not a camera.

Okay.  My PC won’t recognize the 8 GB Ultra SDHC card.  How do I get it to let me see the 400+ photos on the card?  I can see them when the card is in the camera and can print them from my HP “all in one”, but can’t see them first.

Have you tried a different USB port or card reader?

@sylvia4 wrote:

Okay.  My PC won’t recognize the 8 GB Ultra SDHC card.  How do I get it to let me see the 400+ photos on the card?  I can see them when the card is in the camera and can print them from my HP “all in one”, but can’t see them first.

Hmm, wait, I’m trying to decipher this. You can print them but can’t see them first? What I understand on your post is the photos are still showing up on your cam but not when you try to access the card using your HP printer card reader. Most printer card reader are not compatible with SDHC technology (SD 4GB and above). A work around is to use your cam as a reader.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54

Have tried all the USB ports, but will have to go out and get another card reader.  But the card reader reads all my other cards!

Thank you, thank you.  Never thought of using the camera as the card reader!  Transferred everything to the PC very quickly.