Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wizo

Re: 32gb Micro SDHC card is not detected by phone and unable to format in PC

I have this problem aswell, already thrown a 32gb card in the bin.
After reading this,
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/
I would like to know if there is any official word on this yet...
ghostofcain

Not as far as I'm aware, response from SanDisk has been nada, But a lot of people are recieving RMA's with no problem (although you may have to post card back at your expense). I myself have recieved a replacement card, but that was direct from the retailer (play.com marketplace seller). The annoying thing with the silence from SanDisk is that I have no way of knowing if my replacement card (manufactured in jan 2013, rev 8) is pre-fix or not.

Personally I'll buy my cards from other manufacturers in future, unless SanDisk decide to come clean about this issue. Please feel free to join the discussion over at XDA on this matter.

goblu

[ Edited ]

hi, i had the same issue as you.

what i did was first use Disk Utilites on my mac to erase the sd card.

and then i put the card back into my samsung galaxy note 2 phone and it would still not recognize it.

i then, hooked my phone to an outlet so that it could charge and immediately the card was recognized.

so maybe try charging your phone and this might help you?

ycyip

I got the same problem, cannot be detected by phone nor pc, 32gb microSD, S3

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

So?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/

Return it. SanDisk will replace it under warranty.

ghostofcain

But as we have no idea of when the fix was implemented and the replacement cards appear to be same hardware revision as the failing ones, you will have no idea if your new card will fail similarly! Unless SanDisk would care to issue an official statement on the issue

kmaluo

STAY AWAY FROM SANDISK!!!

Opened up a support ticket with Sandisk, asked about the issue and the Register article. Here is their response:
"I would like to inform you that we have checked the link you referred us to and that link does not refer to any Sandisk forums or official Sandisk webpage that says their are issues with these cards.Once again please be informed that Sandisk ultra microsdhc cards do not have any know issues and we have not introduced any kind of fix to these cards."

There you have it, Sandisk is sweeping the problem under the rug. It is only a matter of time before your card craps out. I wash my hands of that company and their crappy products..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2197548&page=6

jquaid

Same issue - Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC in Samsung Galaxy S3. Going to try the "exFat" install to see if I can recover data - although the linked install is for XP (I'm on Windows 8).

Seems like this is a fairly common problem and has been for a while; shame on Sandisk/Samsung for not sorting it. 

PhilParsons

Similar experience. 32gb class 4 scandisk sd card in my Samsung Ace. After 5 months the phone reported "no card installed."  Card reader connected to pc also found "no card connected." Scandisk are aware of a problem with some cards and offered replacement which should be reliable. Good response, but I'm still stuck with an hour or two setting everything up again.     

chizzo

o card não abre no celular samsung ece duos s6802