32gb Micro SDHC card is not detected by phone and unable to format in PC

Hi there,

experienced a very similar problem on a samsung galaxy S4 with a 32GB sandisk micro SD card. was taking a picture and suddenly phone said storage media wasnt accessible and that it needed formatted.

turned phone off and on, tried the usual fixes etc, but no joy.

Plugged card into laptop and windows 7 seen as removable disk but was unable to access and didnt see size of disk. Told me i needed to format and couldnt.

This card has nearly a year of photos and video’s of our 19 month old daughter and was, quite simply, irreplacable.

I tried over 10 different types of data recovery software in an attempt to salvage the data, even ones that said they worked on corrupted media, spent days trawling the internet to see similar issues and fixes but to no avail.

Then i came across a video on youtube about a company called RecoverFab with the ability to extract the raw data, physically, from a corrupted card. Willing to try anything, i contacted them and within a few days of posting my card to them i recieved an email telling me they recovered 2633 files from the card.

This was fantastic. We were and still are over the moon to have been able to save the data. This is an excellent service from a great company with a speedy and affordable service.

I cant recommend RecoverFab high enough.