32gb Micro SDHC card is not detected by phone and unable to format in PC

I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, and it is doing the same exact problem…Worked fine for months, then all of sudden not being recognized by the phone.

Did this work for you?

Hi,

I have a Sony Xperia ZR with a 32gb class 10 microSD card fitted and am having all the same problems as the Samsung users. Card was working fie for approx 3 months and all of a sudden after taking some photos went to check them and the card had apparently been removed form the phone although this is not possible as it is a snug fitin the slot and requires the battery to be removed in order to remove the card. Inserted into card into the adaptor and slotted it into my Win 7 laptop where it was detected initially and I managed to copy all my files from it to the laptop. Then inserted it back to the phone and it was detected and ran for a few hours and then got the same message as previous “the card had been removed unexpectedly” and now will not be detected by the laptop. So I fitted it to my desktop card reader and it was detected but windows said it need formatted so I attempted this but windows could not complete either in quick format or deep format. So I downloaded SD card formatter and installed it to my desktop when I ran it up it claimed that the capacity was only 30.6mB but this cant be so as when I copied the contents off the card the file size was over 8Gb butit was also unable to format the card. At some point I did note that the card appeared to be quite hot, well hotter than I expected. I am quite dissapointed as I always held Sandisk in high regard but after reading about all the problems am rapidly loosing faith. I have approached the retailer regarding a replacement awaiting a reply

If your 32 GB Micro SD card not detcted by your Phone or system as well then you may get error message saying that “SDHC card not recognized error”. In such situation you need not be panic, because you can extract your entire data from corrupted memory card. Generally this error occurs when you handle SD card abruptly or get damaged either physically or logically. In this circumstances, it is recommended to try Digital Photo Recovery Software and recover all files in hassle free manner. This tool will provide complete and easy solution to bring back all files which has become inaccessible due to this error message. I have used it and get satisfied completely hence you will also get an impressive result after its use. For More Information, Visit:-   http://sdcard-pics.digitalphoto-recovery.com

I used my 32gb scan disk micro sd for last 2 years on my note 2 first and now on my note 3 too. It way quite good and working until yesterday. All sudden my phone prompted me no card. So I removed it and put in another 2gb which was working fine. Again I connected to its adapter and tried in my pc. As to my dismay pc didn’t recognise the 32gb and was fine on my 2gb. Something has caused to corrupt my micro sd. I have important data and images of my 2 years. Can somebody help me to recover my data please. …

Hi there! I have also recently experienced a similar issue. I was however, using a Lear 32GB microSD card with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Like the other poster, I wanted to check for and save, any documents and pictures. So I too selected “Cancel”. I have tried removing and re-inserting my card multiple times. I have also tried re-booting my Android device. None of those attempts have been successful. I ended up getting a new microSD card; sorry - it was from Kingston. Why am I mentioning this in a SanDisk forum? Well… this same lack of recognition is also happening with a brand new card, obtained in a sealed packet from a big-name retailer (“The Source”; used to be “Radio Shack” in Canada).

What the heck is going on?? Anyone have any ideas? In a way it’s comforting that I am not the only Note 2 user that’s experiencing this. The fact it is happening with other brands of microSD card, suggests to me the problem is with the Note 2 devices.

So come on Samsung… How about giving us a brand new Note 4 (when they become available) as a replacement?

Hey guys, I figuered out what to do,

1. insert your prefered microSD card i personally use a sandis ultra plus 16gb class 10

2. Backup your apps and settings throught the backup under settings > backup

3. while under settings scroll to about > reset your phone

4. follow the prompts when they pop up and enter your microsoft credentials

and Voila! readable sd card!

here is the thread through tmobiles T-Force

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/74851

my guess is that if no peripherals during reset/boot, wont download the software to read sd cards properly

make sure you have wifi available at the time.

Do an open recall (open recall meaning announce it over me dia outlets) or f ace a site ha ck every day till you do. Also I am sueing. Don’t give me “well you should have backed everything up” bs because I have. I’ve backed up on an other sandisk card and that failed on me aswell. Lost the birth video of my daughter. Also lost birth photos and all other photos/videos. I’m pissed and I’m part of anonymous.

We are A nonymous

We are Legion

We do not F orgive

We do not Fo rget

SANDISK E XPECT US!

I can sympathasize with you…

when a big company has the ability to just open up our individual cards… but give us the run around… people like you have valid cause to sue… it would be so great if you won.

then 1) you get reward for such a great loss 

and 2) this company will endeavor to help us to recover and open up our cards instead of making a 1 way road into them and then not being able to get back into our cards.

if they didn’t make a fix they couldn’t sale the card or otherwise the FCC along with about another million agencies be on their asses to have that back door…

so suuuuuuuu!(sue)

give us a program that you have in your departments to open up and retreive our data no matter what platform.

Hello cmiuc,

I have edited your post to remove the racially insensitive and inflammatory comments. Please take some time to read our forum rules and guidelines.This will serve as your one and only warning. Comments such as the ones you made previously will not be tolerated. If you continue to post in that manor you will be banned from posting on this forum. Please keep your posts on topic and constructive. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

High quality Sandisk card readers can recognize all micro SD memories while most low quality readers fail.

Mine died sometime in the past month from sitting on my shelf. Thanks SanDisk, now I lost 32GB of data.

@corrupted wrote:

Mine died sometime in the past month from sitting on my shelf. Thanks SanDisk, now I lost 32GB of data.

I guess you never considered the fact that the problem could lie with the device you’re usinig the card in huh? Memory cards are only an empty space in which to store digital data. They simply don’t ‘die’ when left alone.

Hi there,

experienced a very similar problem on a samsung galaxy S4 with a 32GB sandisk micro SD card. was taking a picture and suddenly phone said storage media wasnt accessible and that it needed formatted.

turned phone off and on, tried the usual fixes etc, but no joy.

Plugged card into laptop and windows 7 seen as removable disk but was unable to access and didnt see size of disk. Told me i needed to format and couldnt.

This card has nearly a year of photos and video’s of our 19 month old daughter and was, quite simply, irreplacable.

I tried over 10 different types of data recovery software in an attempt to salvage the data, even ones that said they worked on corrupted media, spent days trawling the internet to see similar issues and fixes but to no avail.

Then i came across a video on youtube about a company called RecoverFab with the ability to extract the raw data, physically, from a corrupted card. Willing to try anything, i contacted them and within a few days of posting my card to them i recieved an email telling me they recovered 2633 files from the card.

This was fantastic. We were and still are over the moon to have been able to save the data. This is an excellent service from a great company with a speedy and affordable service.

I cant recommend RecoverFab high enough.

WHAT TO DO IN THIS CASE??

Capture.JPG

WHAT TO DO IN THIS CASE??

WHAT TO DO IN THIS CASE?

Capture.JPG

i have the same issue but i dont know if its fake or not. I dont think it is since i bought it from Amazon.

sir please help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!help!!!please!!!