32gb Micro SDHC card is not detected by phone and unable to format in PC

I have this problem aswell, already thrown a 32gb card in the bin.
After reading this,
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/
I would like to know if there is any official word on this yet…

Not as far as I’m aware, response from SanDisk has been nada, But a lot of people are recieving RMA’s with no problem (although you may have to post card back at your expense). I myself have recieved a replacement card, but that was direct from the retailer (play.com marketplace seller). The annoying thing with the silence from SanDisk is that I have no way of knowing if my replacement card (manufactured in jan 2013, rev 8) is pre-fix or not.

Personally I’ll buy my cards from other manufacturers in future, unless SanDisk decide to come clean about this issue. Please feel free to join the discussion over at XDA on this matter.

hi, i had the same issue as you.

what i did was first use Disk Utilites on my mac to erase the sd card.

and then i put the card back into my samsung galaxy note 2 phone and it would still not recognize it.

i then, hooked my phone to an outlet so that it could charge and immediately the card was recognized.

so maybe try charging your phone and this might help you?

I got the same problem, cannot be detected by phone nor pc, 32gb microSD, S3

So?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/18/galaxy_s3_sandisk_msd/

Return it. SanDisk will replace it under warranty.

But as we have no idea of when the fix was implemented and the replacement cards appear to be same hardware revision as the failing ones, you will have no idea if your new card will fail similarly! Unless SanDisk would care to issue an official statement on the issue

STAY AWAY FROM SANDISK!!!

Opened up a support ticket with Sandisk, asked about the issue and the Register article. Here is their response:
“I would like to inform you that we have checked the link you referred us to and that link does not refer to any Sandisk forums or official Sandisk webpage that says their are issues with these cards.Once again please be informed that Sandisk ultra microsdhc cards do not have any know issues and we have not introduced any kind of fix to these cards.”

There you have it, Sandisk is sweeping the problem under the rug. It is only a matter of time before your card craps out. I wash my hands of that company and their crappy products…

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2197548&page=6

Same issue - Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC in Samsung Galaxy S3. Going to try the “exFat” install to see if I can recover data - although the linked install is for XP (I’m on Windows 8).

Seems like this is a fairly common problem and has been for a while; shame on Sandisk/Samsung for not sorting it. 

Similar experience. 32gb class 4 scandisk sd card in my Samsung Ace. After 5 months the phone reported “no card installed.”  Card reader connected to pc also found “no card connected.” Scandisk are aware of a problem with some cards and offered replacement which should be reliable. Good response, but I’m still stuck with an hour or two setting everything up again.     

o card não abre no celular samsung ece duos s6802

OK gang PLEASE TRY THIS FOR A FIX!!!

AND DEVELOPERS LOOK TOO LOL cuz I am not one but i think this is the problem…

I have a T989 Samsung S2 stock with a 32gb scandisk class 10 card about 70% full. First my music player started bugging, it would play fifteen minutes or so then all songs would error out saying unsupported files. Later on it started showing the card as unsupported, and sometimes damaged, fixing it meant restarting phone and remounting card. Last thing it did was rescan sd card and mount it everytime the phone was awakened from sleep. Now these varying errors, we all have been experiencing.

What I did was reformat phone and sd card, this solved the problem TEMPERARILY. Why? Because I added apps, data, media, and MOST IMPORTANTLY>>> made changes to data/media<<< SLOWLY after rejuvinating the phone and card. I was able to isolate the beginning of the problem.

It revolves around unmounting sd card from  main device #1(my android phone), and mounting it in device #2 (laptop sd card reader w/ vista) to make data/media file changes. Soon as I did this the errors started up IMMEDIATELY!!!

It isn’t a card issue, it isn’t a phone issue directly relating to the card physically. It has to do with the old cache not being a valid call any more once data has changed on sd card in another device. Or That the phone creates a new cache for the same data and gets confused by two calls. Or lastly that  the data changes made via my Windows OS device do not transfer properly to android OS.

The reason I say these three things, once i started making ALL my media/data changes on sd card while PHONE(not sd card seperated) is mounted TO THE Laptop. Phone is a month clean now.

PLEASE TRY MAKING ALL DATA CHANGES ON SD CARD WHILE IN THE SAID DEVICE, DO NOT REMOVE IT AND CHANGE DATA… I will say that I have no development training in phones or OSs’, and anyone with specific understanding can definately help out for the better even if I am wrong lol… PEACE

I have 2 phone S3 and Note N7000. I have using sandisk 16Gb sd card with no problem with my Note and the recently bought 32Gb sd card on s3 is draining the battery and also prompting , and mount/unmount. I formatted the black card, and still same problem. I switch the card and the S3 is good with the old sandisk 16Gb and the note is showing the same sign as the S3. Confirm it has nothing to do with phone or transfer media through PC or phone. Its something defective on that 32 Gb micro sd card.

Sandisk just need to come clean becuase it will be out in the open real quick with S4 and new phone coming out. At least sandisk need to come out and deny or come clean on it and not keeping quiet about it.

As fatr I am concerned, I seriously suggest that do not use SanDisk card in Samsung Galaxy, I have been used few SanDisk card in my Samsung Galaxy S1( the card  and the phone both are bought from offcial shop), all the card suffer from different error, so I give up, and I agree with the post above, you can use the professional formatting tool first. Besides if you want to recove formatted data from SanDisk memory card, you can try to use Card Data Recovery, know more from here: SanDisk Memory Card Data Recovery.

There’s a discussion on this here,

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-fault-is-caused-by-sandisk-memory-cards-50010684/

I see at least a half dozen card manufacturers’ names mentioned in that article’s comments. My comment was,

Because Sandisk seems to have accepted responsibility for this issue, one would think that the issue has nothing to do with Samsung. However:

I was having the problem with a Sandisk 32, so I bought a PNY 32 “Professional” MicroSD card yesterday. 

As of today, I am having worse problems than the Sandisk gave me. So this does indeed point to a fault with Samsung phones. 

Are there any other manufacturers whose phones are having these problems with multiple card manufacturers?

yes i think i have solved the problem this worked for me atleast. i went to see if my 32gb micro SDHC was even usable again, i put it in my phone and i was going to see if i could format it that way because my pc was not registering it. i pressed format it asked me for my password then asked again i said yes, and it didn’t format it, but instead it unmounts it and tells me it is safe to take out. i take it out put it in my pc through the sd port (i don’t know if it will work through the usb coverter) and it pops up with the autoplay menu, i open the folder and everything is still there and usable.

Sadly, I’m having the same problem with the same 32 GB card.

Phone, Samsung Galaxy S2 by T-Mobile, Samsung SGH-T989 Hercules. 

Card, Sandisk  Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC I U1

My phone has been rooted with factory firmware, and also with a custom ROM.

I purchased the card from Micro Center ( a national retail electronics chain ) in Duluth, Ga between 4 and 6 months ago.

Last time I used the card, it worked. For about a week now, it’s been sitting in my pocket in the plastic case.

Today, I put the card in my phone, and got the card blank or unrecognized error. When I pull down the status bar, it gives me the option to format the card, but then doesn’t format the card.

When I plug the card into the adapter and put it either into the sd card slot in my laptop, or in the usb reader in my desktop, the card is unrecognized by windows explorer without a prompt for formatting. Formatting recognizes the card’s capacity as 31 mb, but is unable to complete the card. Formatting on the desktop has also given me the error a couple of times that the card is write protected even though write protection is disabled.

Attempted access on the computers is constant, access on the phone is only while the phone tries to mount the card.

While any device is trying to access the card, it gets incredibly HOT!

Fortunately, I haven’t lost any data because it’s stored on both of my computers.

I have Sandisk 16GB sdhc card that I have had for about a year and a half with no problems whatsoever. 

sd insight Android app just installed on my phone recognizes the 32 gb as a 31 MB card manufactured in 2006 by Sandisk, I know this isn’t right. Just three weeks ago, I had in excess of 28 GB of data on the card. The 16 GB card is recognized correctly and is recognized as manufactured by Sandisk in January of 2012.

Somehow, the card has become corrupted. The SD format utility is of no help.

sounds like a replacement, especially if the card gets incredibly hot in any device. I’d suggest to contact SanDisk Technical Support for warranty process

It’s really serious how a company like Sandisk hides an important information like this (micro sd card with failure) and just wait for the bomb to explode. I’ve lost very important data from my micro SD card and Sandisk won’t give a **bleep** about it. So, I just learned a important lesson: DO NOT TRUST SANDISK PRODUCTS! I was a huge fan of Sandisk products, but right now all that I feel for Sandisk is deception and treachery. Data is everything to me, if a company can’t gimme any reliable feeling about that, then that company and its products are useless, like Sandisk right now. 

Help guys
The same is happening on my Samsung Galaxy Grand.
Was downloading a movie from utorrent
Suddenly SD card unmounted itself and when I mounted it again I had the error blank SD card

Since all these problems seem to be happening with Samsung phones, I would advise asking Samsung what is going on.