32GB micro SD not able to format went to 8gb?

Hello, I bought a 32GB SDHC card with adapter, and when I tried to format it with fat32 all of a sudden it went from 32GB down to 8mb? I can’t seem to get it to reformat. I have windows 7 and I was trying to re-format it for a android device. any help would me most welcome! I don’t know what else to do with this. I really want my card to work.

Thank you all!!

Rowen!

Sounds like it could be one of those fake/counterfeit cards being sold out of China. Did you get it off someone on eBay?

Sounds like it could be one of those fake/counterfeit cards being sold out of China. Did you get it off a seller on eBay?

I did get it off of Ebay, but it was from a US seller in PA. I had the first one and it did the same thing, so he sent me a new one. sadly this one has done the same thing as the last. the moment after I format it, it gets all messed up and goes from 32GB down to 8MB. Is there anything I would be able to do to fix it or is it just shot?

Rowen!

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/How-to-repair-micro-sd-16gb-card-It-shows-31mb/m-p/220236/highlight/true#M386

It seems that the card you brought is fake…