2 x corrupted SanDisk 16GB Extreme CF cards in 6 months!

I was wondering if anyone else has has a problem with the SanDisk 16GB Extreme CF cards… I have purchased 2 in the last 6 months and both cards have corrupted, the first after 5 or 6 shoots and the second after only ONE shoot.

The camera does nothing when I insert the cards so I cannot format them  and they cannot be read by the computer at all. Is there some flaw with these cards that anyone else has experienced? I have used CF cards for years and have never had a single problem, yet with the only 2 x 16GB Extreme CF cards I have purchased I’ve had this happen with both cards!

Not impressed, at all!

Same thing here… Bought my SD 16GB Extreme Pro card less than two months ago… Somehow it managed to die yesterday… This is not something I’d expect from a company like SanDisk…

I seriously hope this will be taken care of without any stupid excuses from the store I bought it from.

If your dealer refuses to do anything about it (and they might, given that it’s 2 months old), contact SanDisk directly. Those cards have a lifetime limited warranty.

Well…

The dealer honored the warranty ofcourse… Got a new card in the mail FAST and everything was excellent… As I have lots of cards I haven’t really gotten around to use the new card yet… only a few shots here and there…

And, here we are today: At my sons baptism… My father is snapping shots with my camera, when he suddenly stops and comes over to us… showing me the FANTASTIC “memory card cannot be accessed” or whatever the hell that message is saying…

So…seems that I’m severely lucky here… TWO Sandisk UHS1 SDHC Extreme PRO cards… I have no words how pissed I am right now… I’m calling the dealer AGAIN tomorrow…

I’m NOT quite sure I’ll be going with another Sandisk-product this time though… I thought this was supposed to be cards of high quality? I sure as hell hope I’ve just been REALLY REALLY unlucky and got TWO cards from a bad batch of cards…

these are new technology cards. I have seen reports of similar issues when using certian canon cameras. Canon released firmware upgrades for several cameras to resolve similar issues. I would check with the camera manufacturer website to see if there is anew firmware for your camera that may resolve the issue. 

Hello I just want to know how to contact sandisk.

@jadenjohnson wrote:

Hello I just want to know how to contact sandisk.

Click on the red SanDisk logo at the top left-hand corner of any page here, then on the Contact Us link.

I had four 16 gb extreme cards go bad during a sports shoot today:angry:

@ferntrujillo wrote:

I had four 16 gb extreme cards go bad during a sports shoot today:angry:

what camera are you using?

Just had my first Scandisk card go bad: an Extreme UDMA 8GB CF card.  Contacted Scandisk and they told me I needed a firmware update on my camera.  I told them to get me a new disk and stop with the BS.  Will see what happens.

@markthorne wrote:

Just had my first Scandisk card go bad: an Extreme UDMA 8GB CF card.  Contacted Scandisk and they told me I needed a firmware update on my camera.  I told them to get me a new disk and stop with the BS.  Will see what happens.

what camera are you using? there are several cameras that need a firmware update before using the newer faster cards or you will get corrupt video and pictures. 

I have a 16GB Extreme UDMA CF card and it does not download on my iMac, although it does take photos and can download on my Windows PC. Problem is that it does not downlod on my iMac computer, so I don’t think it is corrupted. But is there an incompatibility problem between CF cards and Mac computers?

Question for people using CF cards on Mac computers: does it work on yours?

The alternative is to download directly from my camera to the computer. It will drain the camera battery as the card can hold up to 500 RAW files. And each file is 18 GB in size

My Extreem Pro 16GB CF card has done the same thing twice, about three months apart… When I insert it into a SanDisk reader, I get a message “This card is not formated”. At this point, the card will not read or write; and all images are lost. I have to format the card again in order to use it. I switched to a Lexar card or less capacity. After loosing some 50 images today, I’m done with SanDisk.

My 16GB Ultra CF card just did the same thing today. I was going to upload the photos I took during the 4th of July fireworks but all of a sudden my pc and camera(Canon 5D ii) cannot detect the card even though it was working properly just minutes before.

I was able to transfer the photos from another fireworks I shot on the 3rd and formatted the card before shooting the second set on the 4th. I tried to contact Sandisk’s live chat support but it was taking forever due to connection constantly getting disconnected.  Worst live support ever, btw!