Accepted Solution

Write Protected?

I keep getting a message telling me that the disk I am using is write protected. What does that mean and is there a way to fix it?

Re: Write Protected?

what kind of card do you have? if it is a SD or microSD in an adapter make sure the lock switch on the side of the card is in the unlock position.

i have a microSD card. its in the unlock position. the message says to remove the write protection but i dont know how.

Are you trying to move files onto it or delete files off of it? I know it sounds reduntant but make sure the adaptor write protection is off.

Hello.
mine is saying the exact same thing.
everytime i try to put something onto the card.
it says i have to remove write protect..
how do i fix it. ?
ive tried everything ?

PLEASE HELP !

Is a device (like a phone) telling you its write protected or is it a pc?  Have you tried reformatting it (normally FAT16)?

I have the same problem.  My SD memroy card works fine when inserted in the SD slot in my computer but once i put it in my Kodak V530 Camera it tells me i need to format it.  I tell it to continue but then it says that it's write protected and tells me to remove the write protection.  *my switch is in unlock.  How do I get rid of this write protection?

I'm trying to move songs and pictures onto my MicroSD card that goes into my Samsung phone.  I keep getting a message that says disk is write protected.  I've put it in the unlock position numerous times and it still won't let me move anything.  It won't even let me reformat it.  What do i do?

Amanda

it sounds like your phone has locked the card in some way. look through your phones user manual to see if there is a default code that can be used to unlock the card.

hi! i'm having the same problem too. i'm trying to save some files into my SDHC card but it keeps saying it cant do it because its write-protected. i made sure that the protect-button is on the unlock side but i still cant seem to save anything. i cant even create any folder. any advice would be very much appreciated. thank you in advance!ü