Accepted Solution

Computer won't recognize 4gb micro SDHC card

I got a 4gb Sandisk micro SDHC card, my computer is a Gateway GT5032 model (that runs XP) and it has a SD/MMC/SM/MS-PRO/xD reader but I assumed it would read the SDHC card in the adapter, is it that my reader is a bit older and it's doesn't say SDHC therefore it might not read SDHC cards/adapters? I was trying to use it with my Samsung Propel, it's the A767 model and it recognizes the card in my phone, I'm thinking  my computer just might not be able to recognize it in the SD slot. When I put it into the reader it lights up like it recognizes it's in the slot, it just won't recognize it or let me browse in the slot in my explorer. Are there any drivers I could maybe get? Any advice or help would be great.
Message Edited by Schobeleth on 05-11-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Computer won't recognize 4gb micro SDHC card

I have the same problem only with a LG phone did u find anything out?

yeah me too. the adapter will work if I put in the orginal 1 gb micro sd card. so maybe your right about the hc thing. luckily my phone came w/ a usb synch cable. but now I have a new phone w/ no cable. so I have to put the new memory card in my old phone to sync pictures and music and what not. can you get adapters that go from the micro sd hc card to a usb?

I am having the same problem. I just bought a 4GB Micro SDHC yesterday, but when I put it into the slot in the computer, it is unrecognized. It works in my phone, I guess because it is recognized. I have no clue what what to do. I feel better knowing I am not the only one having this problem.

Hi i have the same problem how can i make my computer read it.

I thought I had the same problem, but according to Sandisk tech support, most SD card readers in computers built before 2008 will not support sdHC(high capacity over 2GB). The options are to connect to the device to your computer via the USB cable, or through Bluetooth if it's an option, or buy a newer external USB multi-card reader (sdhc capable) for the computer. I'll go the USB cable route, since I already have that. If you don't have a cable for your mobile device, check amazon as they have 'em really cheap!

One more option would be to see if there are any firmware or driver updates for your card reader. In my case, Dell had a firmware & driver update which fixed the problem. My teac card reader now reads sdHC cards!

Good Luck!

This might help shed light to your concerns: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54/kw/54/r_id/101834