Accepted Solution

SDHC Corpputed

My sister has been in Europe for 6 weeks and all photos are gone. She turned on the camera and it said 'card error'. She took it in a photo shop in the UK, however they were unable to get the memory card functioning. She has sent the card back to me and I tried it in a different camera and I am also getting 'card error'. I have tried connected it to my pc however it doesnt even get recognised.

I will be calling Sandisk tomorrow trying to get this sorted, but in the meantime what can I try to get it recognised by my PC. I have tried connected via a USB cable. I dont have a card reader, but I doubt it would make a difference.

Re: SDHC Corpputed

Well to me that seems to be bad as it is not even getting recognized in the computer, you can try to find a card reader and connect a card through that but it does not work then you need to get the data off the card using a data recovery company as no software would be able to recover the data. I recommend you contact lc-technology there website is lctech.com you can find there contact info there.

I rang up Sandisk and he told me that Sandisk is not responsible for the loss of data which is an absolute poor excuse. They provided me with a faulty product and should be held responsible. He told me to send it to LC Tech. I said ill only send it if Sandisk pay for it. I live in Australia. Why should I pay to have a faulty product, which is still under warranty, repaired? 

If I had an ipod which was faulty Apple would repair it in a flash. Sandisk have tarnished their brand as a poor multinational who seem to run away when something does wrong with a product of theirs. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising and sandisk will be receiving bad reviews from my mouth. Absolutely disgusted in the way my situation has been handled.

Well if your Ipod goes i am sure apple would get it repaired or repaired under warranty but i am sure the recover your music or videos saved in the device, I am sure that SanDisk should also be able to replace the product but none of the memory manufacturers that I know of would guarantee the data saved inside the device.