Accepted Solution

SD Card won't work in Kodak Camera

I have a Kodak C330 and have been using a 2 gb picture card (SD).  Yesterday I mistakenly purchased a 4 gb SDHC card and put it into the camera, which of course it doesn't support.  I exchanged it for a regular 2 gb SD card and now I get an error message "Memory card is full."  I haven't used it yet - no pictures.  When I tried to format the card I got this error message "FILESYS error e001000."  The strange thing is, the new card will work in my  Kodak CX4200 camera just fine.  No matter what card I put into the C330, I have the same trouble and, as I said, it used to run on a picture card before the 4 gb SDHC.  Have I ruined my camera by putting the 4 gb SDHC card into it?  I might also mention that the SD card is recognized on my card reader and my printer, beside my CX4200.

Re: SD Card won't work in Kodak Camera

You might want to contact Kodak regarding this issue. I have seen this happen on a friends camera Kodak Easyshare C310, where the 2GB SD card worked before and then just gave an error "card is full". We did try a newly opened card 2GB SD as well, with the same issue.

What bothers us is that the 1GB still works and the other 2 cards works on a computer. It doesn't seem to like 2GB SD cards after the error message. Format was tried on the computer but the camera kept saying the same error message.

We never found out the reason for this since my friend switched to a newer model camera.

Message Edited by chux on 07-22-2009 03:04 PM

Yes, the problem seems to be that the Kodak C330 isn't compatible with a 2 gb card.  As a last resort, I put a 1 gb card in and it worked just fine.  I'm elated to learn that the camera isn't broken!  I'll just stick to using a 1 gb card in that camera and the 2 gb in my other camera.  After searching the internet, this seems to be a common problem with the C330.

Try to format the card to FAT/FAT16 on disk management and after that to FAT32. This sometimes work. If ever possible, you can ask the manufacturer for a firmware update.

I have similar problem and fixed it finally.  my camera is the kodak easyshare Z710, hope it works on others too.

On the top is the on/off switch (OFF is in the center position, ON is slide to the right, and there is also a slide to the left item with icon of a "heart").

Slide the ON/OFF switch to the LEFT.  go to MENU.  then follow steps for formatting, go to CONTINUE, etc. and it should work easily and quickly.  good luck