(anon)

Brandnew PRO Duo 8 GB shows ' no space on memory card'

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday I bought a Sandisk PRO duo 8 GB multi-use disk.

I have put it into my new Sony Cybershot DSC-T500.

In the photocamera function, it works and makes pictures (Says 1999 pictures free) BUT strange enough

in the Videofunction shows the message that there is not enough memory on the memory card!!!!!!!

How is this possible and can I do something about this??

I received with the camera another Memory stick from Sony MS MT4G 4 GB and this works perfectly!

Is something wrong with my card and should I go back to the shop, or is there something I can/should do??

Many thanks for your help.

(anon)

Re: Brandnew PRO Duo 8 GB shows ' no space on memory card'

Try formatting the memory card on your camera.

Note: Format deletes all the card's content. 

(anon)

Thanks for your quick reply... I have done the Format after your message...but unfortunately no result....

Any other ideas?

Otherwise I just will go back to the shop....

By the way ... is it possible that in case the stick defective it can also affect the camera...?? It seems now that every time i try to focus by touching on the touchscreen the screen turns black and freezes...

I really am so disappointed ... hope you have an idea otherwise i bring them back tomorrow...

(anon)

Isolate the cause. Try card on other device or on a computer. Contacting the camera manufacturer is also suggested. It is possible you would get the same issue on a replacement card if it has something to do with the camera or its settings.

Format can also be tried on a computer: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312/kw/format/r_id/101834 

If you will be bringing it back to the store for replacement, test the replacement card there to see if it works. 

(anon)

Thanks for the responses...

My husband finally went back to the shop and they changed both devices AND the camera AND the card, so I guess it must have had really a problem. (Manager checked)

So now lets see if the card is not making me the same problem (the girl in the shop did not know anything form camera and so she didnt put the card in there...mmm)