(anon)

Re: 4GB memory stick pro duo cannot be read

www2000wolfpack  

I tried the way that you listed and when i type clean all i get the error mesage (Diskpart has encountered an error: The device is not ready. See the system event log for more information. Any tips what i can do next

(anon)

Without information, I'll do some assuming.  I'll assume you tried using another PC, I'll assume you've tried using a different memory card reader if you are using a card like SD or Memory Stick Pro, I'll assume you've tried this in Windows 7.  Assuming you've tried the basic troubleshooting steps, I can only recommend you try another memory card and see if it's user error or if it's just flat out fried memory.  If you run the steps successfully on a different memory card, yet it fails on the one you are trying to fix, then you may just have memory that is ruined. 

Sorry.  My tip may be helpful for those who get stuck in the same boat I was in, but it's really hard to tell exactally what boat your in. For some folks, my tip is just another troubleshooting step leading them to their answer.  Or another step before they just flat out give up!  :smileyhappy: 

Best of luck to you

Kenny

(anon)

same problem but a little different coz the memory PRO Duo card when inserted inside a printer (epson) the printer displays "no pictures found" and on a computer it indicates "photo gallery on this media file unsupported"
(anon)

Hi

when i  am trying to select disk, it say THE DISK YOU SPECIFIED IS NOT VALID.

what should i do...........

(anon)

I had it say that to me in the camera at one point, but it worked in the card reader.  If your card is salvageable you just need to try a few different options. 

What I mean by that is try it in the device (Camera, MP3, etc...)

Then try in a card reader...  If you have a friend you can borrow, try their card reader...  Try a different computer and/or a different Operating System...  If you exhausted every possibility, then you are most likely stuck with a defective memory card. 

Check to see if it has a lifetime warranty.  Corsair for example, is excellent at exchanging defective memory for working.

Last thing you can do, try selling it on e-bay honestly.  Let them know you can't get it to work.  Let someone who thinks they are know-it-alls buy it and either fix it or learn something from it.

Remember, I'm an average Joe.  I'm not no teck-no-logical dude.

Best of luck,

Kenny

(anon)

Hi Kenny,

thanks for replying.