Fuze charges but doesn't connect

This is freakin annoying…my fuze will charge on everything, but won’t recognize my computer. 

This could be caused by any number of things, such as:

1. a bad cable.
  2. MTP mode instead of MSC mode.
  3. If using MTP mode, your computer cannot find the appropriate driver (located in Windows Media Player 10 or above).
  4. A problem in Device Manger with your USB ports, or a conflict with other USB devices.
  5. Using a USB hub instead of a direct port.
  6. Using a USB port on the front of your computer instead of the more powerful ones in the back.
  7. A USB port on a laptop computer.
  8. A faulty player.
  9. Windows Vista.
  10. And assorted others . . .

i tried each one, the problem is when I plug it in, the little lightning bolt is next to the battery icon, but it doesn’t connect to the computer, it stays in the menu and when I turn it off while plugged in it will say “Going into stand-buy mode” and when it’s unplugged and off, and I plug it in, it simply turns on and charges, but doesn’t connect on anything. It knows it’s plugged in but it doesn’t connect.

Sounds like a bad cable to me. Did you try a different one?

I had the same issue. Used to drive me nuts, until I realized it was the cable. Cost me $3 for a new cable from a reseller on Amazon. It works great now, I like my Fuze a whole more more now that it works consistently.

I wanted to add to the number 2.  MTP mode instead of MSC mode.   This was the problem in my case when I attempted to connect to an Windows XP SP2/3 computer instead of the Windows7 laptop I usually use at home.

The way to fix this issue is in the settings menu.  Go to Settings/System Settings/Scroll down to USB Mode.  Mine was set to Auto Detect by default but my computer was still detecting it as an MTP device instead of MSC.  By clicking on MSC, the XP computer recognized the player automatically, no problem. 

I am glad that you step in to give a piece of advice, but I have to please ask you not to bold your text. It looks about as agressive as capital letters because of the abrupt change in font size.

Paul

@paul_willy wrote:

I am glad that you step in to give a piece of advice, but I have to please ask you not to bold your text. It looks about as agressive as capital letters because of the abrupt change in font size.

Huh? What bold text

?

@paul_willy wrote:

Huh? What bold text

?

@paul_willy wrote:

Huh? Different font maybe, but I sure don’t see any bold text.

Sorry. I meant a bigger font text. My bad on this.

This turned out to be the same problem…I found out my sister attempted at using it to charge her Ipod Touch and it cause the port to malfunction