Database refresh?

Does the fuze+ have the same database refresh style as the fuze? meaning will I have to wait forever and a day after loading music onto the fuze+ b4 it becomes useable or does the fuze refresh the db in the background?

Fuze+ has database refresh similar to the Fuze

@drlucky wrote:

in other words . . .

:stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

in other words . . .

Or clean up your messy ID3 tags.

My Fuze took just over three minutes to refresh with the 8GB internal, and 16GB external memory full. My friend’s takes 25+ minutes…who do you think has the cleaner tags? :wink:

I can’t overstate the importance of proper metadata, those ID3 tags.  Database refresh has always been fast on my end.

As long as the album art isn’t a huge file, and things like comments, etc are clear, you should enjoy a reasonably fast refresh time.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

in other words . . .

My Fuze took just over three minutes to refresh with the 8GB internal, and 16GB external memory full. My friend’s takes 25+ minutes… who do you think has the cleaner tags? :wink:

Who cares? I’m still focused on that clean T-shirt! :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

in other words . . .

My Fuze took just over three minutes to refresh with the 8GB internal, and 16GB external memory full. My friend’s takes 25+ minutes…who do you think has the cleaner tags? :wink:

Who cares? I’m still focused on that clean T-shirt! Smiley

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@drlucky wrote:

in other words . . .

My Fuze took just over three minutes to refresh with the 8GB internal, and 16GB external memory full. My friend’s takes 25+ minutes… who do you think has the cleaner tags?

Who cares? I’m still focused on that clean T-shirt! Smiley

N-Bob

“…and things like comments, etc are clear…”

What do you mean?  Are you implying that comments in the tags will slow things down or just that the text within that field should be free of weird characters?

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

N-Bob

What do you mean?  Are you implying that comments in the tags will slow things down or just that the text within that field should be free of weird characters?

Totally blank Comment fields are preferred.

Media Monkey is a great ID3 tag editor. It even goes down as far as to divide them down into ID3 v1 and v2. I suggest anyone who is having this problem find a good id3 tag editor. I based this on what i have heard from all of the forums for Sansa Players forums (weather its fuze, fuze plus, clip or any of the other ones) it seems they all have this problem. where if there are way to much tagging then the play takes to long ( Sansa players don’t feel bad the big bad ipods have this problem too :smileyvery-happy: ) 

happy fuzeing 

DemoBetaTester

mp3tag has been the best tool I have found to clean up tags quickly on alot of files. can do it in a few clicks :slight_smile:

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

N-Bob

Sorry about the confusion.  By “clear” I meant “blank”.  The only time I look at the comment field is when editing anyway.  Sometimes, the commment field can contain excessive or unrecognized characters.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

So I was wondering how coudl I get my refresh times to get even better. I got it down from 15 minutes to 7 minutes but I feel it should still be faster than this. Is this possibly because the 32 gb micro sd card takes longer to refresh than a 16 gb sd card. It seems like my 16 gb sandisk sd card will refresh in 3 minutes or just a bit over that but with my 32 gb sandisk card it takes 7 minutes. I cleand up the tags, removed commentes, composer and disc numbers. Also removed all 3.1 tags and ape tags all have been updated to 3v2.3 iso. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I have about 900 songs on my 8 gb sansa fuze and that takes less than 30 seconds to refresh. I have a about 2,100 songs on my 32gb sd card.