Accepted Solution

Extreme III USB 2.0 Reader on Intel Mac with Leopard

I have the Extreme III reader that reads CF/SDHC/MS Pro Duo cards. I have the reader plugged directly into the back of my Mac mini. When I insert a card, however, the card does not mount unless I disconnect and reconnect the reader. I would expect that on the MicroMate reader I have, but not on a nice desktop reader like the Extreme III. The cards will not even show in Disk Utility to mount them there. Once I disconnect and reconnect the USB connection, it mounts in a couple of seconds. Does anyone have a solution? I am hoping to avoid buying a USB hub or having to move my monitor so I can fiddle behind my mini each time. Thanks for your help! Happy Easter to everyone!

Re: Extreme III USB 2.0 Reader on Intel Mac with Leopard

I have the same issue. Even on my VMware Fusion the card is not seen. But, when I plug it in on my MAC, Lightroom sees the pictures and imports them but I can never browse of find the new drive...

Try on a different computer if same happens.

For VMWare fusion, the OS inside it is sharing the device from the HOST OS so you need first to set a setting on VMWare to have it shared properly. 

In addition to this concern, kindly try this; if ever you will plug in the reader to your MAC kindly insert the card first on the reader then plug the card reader to the MAC. :smileywink:

Right. :smileyhappy:

Any updates to what happened?