(anon)
Accepted Solution

Compatibility

Since this is a new product, please post here your experience with the card and your device. This will help other users. :smileyhappy:
(anon)

Re: Compatibility

Extreme Pro 32 GB card is 30% slower in downloading to my Sanho Colospace in UDMA mode than the Extreme IV card was.

I would keep my language clean, but this is beginning to sound like a massive (deleted) considering I spent $350 for the Pro, and I am getting slower downloads.

(anon)

one thing to keep in mind. the device you have may not be compatible with UDMA 6 which is the transfer mode the extreme pro uses to get to 90MB/s 
(anon)

It is quite likely that my Colorspace UDMA device is not compatible with UDMA 6, since the device was first made in 2008. However, that seems to me to be wholly irrelevant to the question presented. And that question is why the Extreme Pro is transferring 30% SLOWER than the Extreme IV. At worst, it should transfer the same speed as the Extreme 4. And why is that?

Because, according to Sandisk, the Extreme Pro is "...UDMA: UDMA 6 enabled (works in all UDMA modes) " See: http://www.sandisk.com/products/dslr/sandisk-extreme-pro-compactflash-card

Therefore, the Extreme Pro should AT LEAST utilize the same lower capability UDMA mode as the Extreme 4 uses. And if the Extreme IV is transferring at 36-37 MB/sec to the Colorspace, then by golly the Extreme Pro should not be transferring at a lower 25-26 MB/sec.

That is, unless the lower UDMA modes are broken on the Extreme Pro. And that would be really bad news for users of Extreme Pro on cameras with lower UDMA capabilities.

Since my first posting, I have been noticing many mentions of slowness on the internet in relation to the Extreme Pro, as well as significant discounting of Extreme Pro prices. Additionally, where available, the Extreme IV remaining inventory has had remarkably high prices for a card that is a generation or two old.

Also, I have noticed a fair number of diversionary responses to people inquiring.

Is this the not-so-secret secret about the Extreme Pro that I am now aware of, only after having bought the card?

Before I start noticing the Extreme Pro prices drop below Extreme IV, can someone tell the truth about what is going on?