(anon)

Extreme III

Hi,
I just purchased a Cannon Rebel XTI and bought the Extreme III 4.0 gb.  For some reason everytime I put the disk into the camera, I get an error message that says I need to replace the disk.  Has anyone had this problem?  It's brand new.  Please respond.
(anon)

Re: Extreme III

Do you have a card reader?  If you do, can you try to format it in the card reader and let us know what happens (successful or not)?

Also, if it is successful, right click on the removable disk that corresponds to the card and choose properties and let us know what it says for Capacity (should be 3.81 GB).
(anon)

I have the same problem with my canon sd1000 and my nikon D50.  I tried formatting it on camera and by computer.  It didn't work.  I have a SD 4GB Extreme III. 
Anybody have the same problem?  Are they just not compatible with these digital cameras.  I tried 2 seperate ExtremeIII cards.

(anon)

donnguy wrote:
I have the same problem with my canon sd1000 and my nikon D50.  I tried formatting it on camera and by computer.  It didn't work.  I have a SD 4GB Extreme III. 
Anybody have the same problem?  Are they just not compatible with these digital cameras.  I tried 2 seperate ExtremeIII cards.

The Nikon D50 is not compatible with SDHC cards.  The Canon SD1000 should be, but I would contact SanDisk to make sure the cards you have a genuine.
(anon)

I have a new Extreme III 2GB. My simple Pentax IST DS formatted it no problem. I did some sunsets and found my desktop reader would not recognized the card. Using the USB camera interface, I found that Nero did accept the data. I have a newer laptop and plugged the card into that. No problem. But it does seem that if I want to use the desktop (where my Photoshop resides) I will have to buy an external reader. Question is, will that be acceptable to my desktop?
(anon)

Should have added: I have a Sony A350 on order and that takes a CD card. I bought a SanDisk Extreme 2GB for that. Will I have the same problems?
(anon)

Answered my own questions. Bought a Dynex external USB card reader $33 at Best buy and found that it works fine with the Extreme card. The problem was that the older reader in my computer could not handle a 2GB card.