Accepted Solution

is not accessible!?!!!!!?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I bought 2 of the 4 Gig Micro Cruzers (SDCZ6 - ****) at Staples on Black Friday, I dumped all of my HTML templates onto it ,,, I use my thumb drives on about 5 different PC's daily and I ALWAYS us the eject button (even on my other thumbs in widows explorer) One of my machines is Windows 2000 and it will not write the data to the thumb if you dont eject.. Anyway H E L P! I need my templates back! I've got projects due! I've not formatted yet.

Re: is not accessible!?!!!!!?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I also bought a 4gb cruzer at staples on black friday. It also died, 2 days after. Lost all my files. :smileysad: The light wont turn on, and it will never mount, it's like its dead or something. Sandisk HAS NOT RESPONDED to my support question, Staples is out of stock, and doesn't know when they'll be getting some. Also, staples return policy is only 15 days, I'm having trouble getting a good working unit. Shame on you SANDISK. This is the last Sandisk product I will ever purchase.

Message Edited by gee4mac on 11-28-2007 10:31 AM

@adminalex--  I recently had an issue with my cruzer where the U3 launch pad would run but it told me the device was not formated.  I even tried formating but it failed.  If this is the issue you are having, the only way I found to remedy it was to uninstall the U3 software which returned my drive to normal working order meaning I could use it as a regular flash drive(it also deletes all files).  However, currently the U3 launch pad installer from this site is not available/working properly.  Unfortunately I do not have a suggestion on how to get the files off your drive short of removing the U3 software and then trying to do a file recovery using 3rd party software to recover deleted files.  Very risky though.

Hmmm...i'm pretty good with these drives (I have a LOT haha) and i may be able to help, but i'm not sure i understand your issue.  What do you mean it will not write data if you don't eject?