(anon)

can't get it to work

I’ve been attempted to use this flash drive and I won’t be able to achieve this easy task (plug in, run, down load and move on). Every time that I try to plug in the flash drive cruzer micro 2GB, the light goes on, and the PC make a sound let in me know that I have a new hardware, and that’s all!!. The PC stop working, I can’t access the drive.

I’m a windows XP user, my USB 2.0 port is working properly and the flash drive works fine in other PCs.

Any help will be precious
(anon)

Re: can't get it to work

Check "Device Manager" by right clicking "My Computer" and choosing "Manage"....from there choose "Device Manager."  The device itself may have an "!", "?" or Red "X" next to it.  Try removing the device and scanning for hardware changes.  Also, try different usb ports on the PC.
(anon)

Thank you for your help!
I did that before. Did didn't work.
(anon)

Try removing all other non-essential USB peripherals, rebooting yur PC and then inserting the drive...
(anon)

I have the same problem. After I plugged it into the usb port, my computer freezes. I tried the method above but there wasn't ! ? x.. etc... what's wrong? HELP!
(anon)

Good News

I have it working finally! Go to the knowledge base at  www.u3.com, and check out the list of softwares that are incompatible with the smart drive. In my case, I found that the MusicMatch Jukebox (mim.exe) is conflicting with the smart drive. I went disabling/ending it in the task manager and it totally solved the freezing up problem.

I'm going to uninstall the jukebox since I never use it anyway.

Hope this will help whoever out there with the same problem. Cheers!

(anon)

Re: Good News

Great job!  Thanks for the link and the info!