(anon)

bootable flash drive

i have a sandisk cruzer micro 4g (sdcz6-4096rb) is possible make bootable?, how?
(anon)

Re: Someboby?

(anon)

it is possible but you will need to format the device to make it bootable and modify the OS you are installing to run from a removable disk. you can research both on google. it is not the easiest thing to do but if you know your way around computers it can be done.

Message Edited by drlucky on 01-14-2008 11:54 AM
(anon)

I did everything that you said many time with many SO (msdos and linux), but when i reboot my laptop "hp pavillion dv6265us" doesn't load, it remains frozen, I need to unplug the flash drive of my laptop for this load again. Is it problem of my laptop or the sandisk cruzer micro?. I proved with a "attache flash drive" and it works very good. Is this model "sdcz6-4096rb" bootable?
Thanks for you answers. Sorry my English is not good.
(anon)

yes it is bootable if you install the OS correctly and your bios is set to boot from USB.
(anon)

Do you have a specific guide for to do a sandisk cruzer micro bootable?
I did it with other guides and this don't work but I did the same with a "PNY Attache flash drive" and it is working.
I need a specific guide.
Please.
Thank you

(anon)

There doesn't seem to be a specific guide to do so--you may have to sort through various sites from a Google search...