Accepted Solution

U3 will not start

Hello,I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Titanium 8GB USB Flash Drive.When I first installed the U3 software it worked fine. Unfortunately after restarting the Computer I got the following error message:   Windows has allocated a drive letter to the U3 drive that is already taken by another drive on your machine or there are no more drive letters available on this machine.  Try disconnecting any network drives that you have connected to your computer and restart U3 by double-clicking LaunchU3.exe or the U3 System CD-ROM icon.  Once the U3 Launchpad is running, you can reconnect the network drives. My Cruzer flash drive lights, but only the U3 showed up in “My Computer”, not the removable drive. Both drives showed in “Disk Management” and the Cruzer shows up as the correct device in “Device Manager”. I tried "Change drive letter and Path", but I kept getting the same error.  I then decided to uninstall U3 and do a fresh install, but I can’t seem to reinstall the software. The installer can find the "smart drive”.   launchpadv1.4.0.2:   Please insert a U3 smart drive and run U3 Installer again.    LPInstaller v. 1.0.2.36:  The currently connected U3 smart drive is not a SanDisk compatible device. This installer only works with SanDisk compatible U3 smart drives. Please insert a SanDisk compatible U3 smart drive. I also tried installing with no services running on start-up, but I keep getting the same error. I am running Windows 7 after a full install (not an upgrade). I have spend days trying to solve this.  Please help  RIA

Re: U3 will not start

currently some versions of the u3 launchpad are not compatible with windows 7. an update may be released from what i was told by sandisk support but no date of when that may be. 

It sounds like a similar problem I am having. My symptoms are that when i plug my Titanium plus (4 gb) in my computer recognizes the drive but there is no U3 application, which normally fires up on insertion. I have found this to be the case on my laptop. When i have plugged it in on different computers it seems to work fine (except for a co-workers laptop as well) with no loss of data (Roboform info). It would appear that something with the computer is happening rather than the drive itself, in my case.

As I mentioned before, my problem at the moment is that Windows won’t even find the drive, telling me I haven’t got a SanDisk compatible drive. This only started after I uninstalled U3 and reformatted the drive using launchpadremoval. Any ideas?

I guess we both need to track down a Sandisk number to call or find a tech on this forum somewhere. Let me know if you hear any thing and i wll do the same

Can you try reinstalling u3 from >>>Here<<<

That link you gave me wasnt connecting me. Can you try again please? Does it matter that i have the Titanium plus? When i have tried to reinstall it i get the message that it doesnt work with my drive (paraphrasing).

The Link doesn't work for me either :smileysad:

HTTP Status 404 - /sandisk/board/u3win7.notlong.com 

type Status report

message /sandisk/board/u3win7.notlong.com

description The requested resource (/sandisk/board/u3win7.notlong.com) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5

The link u3win7.notlong.com should work on the Cruzer Titanium flash drive but would not work for the Cruzer Titanium plus Flash drive

you can refer to the link HERE for  the Titanium Plus Flash drive

I tried that link and get a small screen that tells me to insert a U3 device. Thats what i have come across in the past with attempts at re-installing the U3 launchpad. Why would the stupid launch pad just disappear from one day to the next?