(anon)

U3 screwed up my IE settings--please help!!!

Hello,

Someone installed a SanDisk U3 usb card into my laptop running Vista.  Once they had transferred the file I wanted and removed the USB drive, all of their settings remained (background was still theirs, Internet Explorer settings were screwed up).  I was able to replace my background, but each time I open IE the "Favorites" is now blank.  When I install another USB card in the drive, it is clear that when you open IE, it is looking at the flash drive for something. 

How do I restore my Favorites settings??

By the way, I will never allow someone to install their U3 enabled flash drive into my computer again!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some help.
(anon)

Re: U3 screwed up my IE settings--please help!!!

Do you know if they were using the CruzerSync app on their Cruzer?  U3 itself shouldn't affect IE, but CruzerSync may have affected the settings...
(anon)

Re: U3 screwed up my IE settings--please help!!!

I've had this problem several times when backing up my laptop with my own flashdrive.  the fix is easy it's just that I don't have all the details to impart.  You have to use regedit and look in the registry for the location where favorites are stored-you might search for the term "favorite".  You'll know you've found it when you see it referencing a location on cruzersync and not your (normal) C drive location.  make the changes there and presto it's fixed.