Accepted Solution

One Blink

My cruzer lights up just once, and then nothing. I was able to use it before but now nothing. It does not show up as a drive and my computer does not even pick it up after I plug it in. Can anyone help me to find a way to retrieve the documents that are on the device? thanks!!!

Re: One Blink

Have you tried another PC?  Have you connected to other ports on this PC?

I Have the same problem and have tried it on 3 computers.
I would like to save the files on it!!!

Contact LC Technology International--they might be able to help you...

Yea, I have tried it on other PC. I think it might be a power issue.....

Hey, I had the same problem with my 4gb Cruzer Micro.  Bend the USB connector (almost to breaking it) and plug it in, if it works, don't bump it and start to copy your stuff off of it.  this worked for me, but the drive is currently not working. OR do the following :   I ripped mine apart and long behold, there was a broken lead from the USB connector to the circut board. (by the way, Sandisk frowns upon doing this.....and well...... it kinda VOIDS your warranty, so procced with all of this at YOUR OWN RISK) I soldiered it back together, but I do believe that I shorted the memory processor while bending the USB port so i regret not doing this first.. but whatever.  I am getting less and less impressed with Sandisk's products.....

had the same f*****g problem today. After several tries the "bending thing" worked for me as well!

good luck

Hmm sounds risky. I know if you bend a connector too far and it breaks it might be seen as physical damage which would mean your stuck with a drive that you can't have replaced. I'd rather send my drive to the Lc-technologies mentioned above first, get my data saved and then have the drive replaced. Good Luck with your Data!

waaah!! that is really to risky... i don't want to lose my warranty.  :manvery-happy:

Hey guys - I am having the same problem now with a Cruzer Micro 2gb drive. No matter what USB port in whatever PC you put it in; it blinks once then nothing. Light goes off, not recognized, etc.

I pulled it apart, and the contact points seem large and pretty well soldered on. Net seeing any visual stress, etc.

The light blinks once when inserted and very faint blink when it is removed. So power certainlty seems to be getting to the drive, and it seems to be recognizing when it's removed.

Any ideas?? Does anyone from SanDisk actually even read/visit these forums?

There has to be a document/notes somewhere within Sandisk that explains what could be wrong with the drive given the lights activity, etc..

Thanks.

PS. to save everyones time, I don't care about the warranty, or RMAing the drive. It's my data I want!!!

Message Edited by johnny12 on 03-09-2008 11:05 PM