(anon)

Not Accessible on Vista PC

I have recently purchased a Cruzer 2.0GB, the USB stick works fine on my works PC, who run Windows XP, but when I insert it into my Laptop which has Vista it is not recognised.  I have checked Disk management and it shows the USB, but with no drive lette.  I cannot allocate a drive letter to it.  ANyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
(anon)

Re: Not Accessible on Vista PC

Does your Vista PC run the Found New Hardware Wizard when you insert the drive?  You may have to try the Microsoft Hotfix for Vista--KB937187 on the Microsoft website.
(anon)

Many thanks Warl0ck.  Tried what was suggested, but still the same result.
(anon)

Make sure is firmly inserted in the port all the way,until the light is steady.
(anon)

If youhave another computer to test it on, make sure it launches. from there, if it does launch on like a Win XP Machine, go to the launch pad and the go to Help and Support through the Launch pad and then choose about u3 smart drive, and then look at the version number of the device.  There are certain versions that are not compatable with Vista.  I had one as well taht did the same thing and I called sandisk and found out that theres a few versions like that.
(anon)

Thanks for all your help.  I have resolved the problem by re-formating the pen drive using an XP operating system, XP permitted me to see a drive. It now works fine when inserted into a PC with a Vista OS.