Accepted Solution

Hidden 'revisions' folder keeps filling up and taking free space on Sandisk Backup 8GB

Hi.

As I mentioned in the subject, I have a Sandisk Backup Ultra 8GB and I use it for the sole purpose of backing up my hard-disk using the sandisk backup software.

Everytime I use the backup software, I get an error message saying the drive is full, even though the folders i've chosen to backup everytime are only 4GB. I checked the USB drive and found a hidden folder named 'revisions', and under it was a folder named '.dmdata'. Inside I had small parts of what I asked to backup, and what took most space were the .PST files.

I erase the files manually each time and let the backup finish. Does anyone know what's causing this issue and how can I repair it?

Appreciate your help, thanks in advance.

(Sorry if this has been posted before, i've searched for it before posting)

Re: Hidden 'revisions' folder keeps filling up and taking free space on Sandisk Backup 8GB

sounds like you are running into an issue with file versions. the back up software can be configured to keep a specific number of file versions so you could restore an older version if you wanted to. since the pst files are constantly changing it is probably trying to keep several different versions of the file.

open the backup application and select options from the menu at the top of the window

select the settings tab

under main options make sure you have "number of versions to keep" set to 1 and click apply

after that is done it will start the backup again and you should be good to go.

Re: Hidden 'revisions' folder keeps filling up and taking free space on Sandisk Backup 8GB

can the "number of versions to keep" setting be set per file or will it affect all files?

all files

Erm, no you aren't...well at least not in my case. 32GB Sandisk Backup.

Have always had revisions set to '1' instead of the default of '3' (I have never run the SW with revisions set to 3) and today, it went on it's merry way creating a 'revisions' folder and promptly created revisions of every file that already existed on the USB. Nearly filled me USB up.

Yes, I check the setting and it said '1' revision.

So...something's not right.