(anon)
Accepted Solution

Cruzer Micro 8GB won't delete files -using a Mac

I wanted to replace a file on my Cruzer Micro 8gb.  I sent the file to Trash, but the amount of space available did not change, and when I tried to add the

new file I got a message that there was not enough space.  I then moved ALL of the files to Trash, and the available space numbers still did not change.

OK - what am I doing wrong and how to I fix it??

Thank you!! 

(anon)

Re: Cruzer Micro 8GB won't delete files -using a Mac

I have the same annoying problem with my Sandisk cruzer 2.0GB. I am a Mac user (OS X) and am at loss as to how to permanently delete my pics of the drive. I have the application "WhatSize" and there it list all the pics I have thought to have removed into the trash. They appear to be trashed when I open the drives icon on the desktop, but size and WhatSize tell me they are still there. I had the same problem with a Lexar drive.

Any ideas???

Thanks 

(anon)

You need to empty the Trash before the space is given up.  If you can no longer do that, you need to erase the Cruzer/Memory Card using Disk Utility (make sure to use MS-DOS for the Volume Format if you need to use the device in a camera or Windows computer) and then all will be good.

Just remember to empty the Trash in the future before you remove the device. 

(anon)

I am having the same problem with my cruzer and using a Mac.  Nothing is on this drive but if I try to add files it tells me it is full.

So you are saying I have to empty my trash on my Mac before the drive will show that it has room?  

confused....???  

(anon)

Thank you so much. Your suggested solution of emptying the trash before removing the device did the trick.

Thanks Fuzzy!!! 

(anon)

Thanks - that worked for me, too!!  Sure don't understand why - but I'm happy.