(anon)
Accepted Solution

Cruzer Micro 2GB - Cruzer Sync Problem

Hey, I just installed my U3 CruserSync software onto my Sandisk U3 Smart 2 GB Flash Drive. Unfortunately when I try to create a profile, the moment I hit next (after I enter my password), an error message pops up and says that there was an "unexpected error". This happens every time, on both of MacOSX and Windows XP, no matter what I do (so it is expected). What should I do?

Thanks
             Bobby
(anon)

Re: Cruzer Micro 2GB - Cruzer Sync Problem

I have started gettnig the same problem, started about a week ago, prior to that it all worked fine. :smileysad: Help please...
(anon)

Well, true. This problem started only when I accidentally uninstalled the pre-installed version of Cruzer Sync. Hastily, I reinstalled Cruzer Sync onto my SanDisk Cruzer Micro. Relieved, I tried to create a profile; selecting my language (obviously English), selecting that I have agreed to and have read the EULA, then preceeding to establish the name of my profile (MyProfile is the default), then my password was created (of which I did have to confirm), next, well...is to press next. That would be the logical thing to do, Right? Unfortunately, it makes it hard when the pop-up that says "Please Wait", has an error message that immediately follows. If there anybody that can inform me of the solution of this problem, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
                                                Bobby
(anon)

I had a burst of insporation:smileyvery-happy:.  Do you run the McAfee USB?  And if so is it set to start up on insertion?

If so, turn it off (so it doesn't start)  Take the Cruzer out, re insert and try CruzerSync.  This worked for me (though I am at work at present and need to try it on my home PC)
(anon)

chumly wrote:
I had a burst of insporation:smileyvery-happy:.  Do you run the McAfee USB?  And if so is it set to start up on insertion?

If so, turn it off (so it doesn't start)  Take the Cruzer out, re insert and try CruzerSync.  This worked for me (though I am at work at present and need to try it on my home PC)

i tested this as well and i was not able to configure cruzersync with mcafee U3 running. once cruzersync had been configured i was able to start mcafee and also run cruzersync.

for others experiencing this issue please try exiting mcafee before configuring cruzersync.
(anon)

Thank you so much, I have disabled the McAffee and now CruzerSync runs beautifuly. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,
                                Bobby
(anon)

I just had the same problem with my new 8GB Contour.  Luckily I checked this forum first for an answer before I even try to contact the developer or Sandisk.  Thanks everyone and specially you Chumly!
(anon)

I also tried to disable McAfee and all other auto startup programs. I removed and reattached Cruzer, but I still get the small box that says the program has a problem and has to close. When I tried to redownload the program, San Disk said it was already on my flash drive.

So..I can't get CruzerSync to work, any other suggestions?

Aug 

(anon)

Hello,

I just format my C partition and now I wanted to paste back my old e-mails using CruzerSync, when I clicked on CruzerSync U3 Edition I got the error:

CruzerSync.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I just don't know what to do, I had my windows since 2006, I kept it clean for 2 years now but I had to format it, I thought as it looked TITANIUM 2GB is the best solution to backup my datas and most especially my my e-mail, do you know what should I do now ?:smileysad:

I checked  the data before the format and now if I explore the USB the files are still there so what do you recomand me to do if I keep getting this error and the software/OS doesn't allow me to open the application  ?

I'm using same old win XP(SP2)  

Message Edited by Dooku on 04-16-2008 03:21 AM
(anon)

i face the same problem as dooku said, after i create the profile,  then whenever i close it and reopen, it will come out  

CruzerSync.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

using windows xp sp2 as well, and if i delete the folder "CruzerSyncData" in my "document" folder, the cruzersync run the create profile page again...anyone can help us on this? thank you.