Accepted Solution

Cruzer Micro Skin USB 2.0 4GB Flash Drive:Windows Delayed Write Failed Error

hi,

i hv a 4GB Cruzer Micro.Am currently using Windows XP Pro SP2.the problem i am facing is that i am not being able to transfer files in excess of 200 MB to the drive in one go.I am always getting the Windows Delayed write failed error & the Pendrive light completely goes off for a few seconds & comes again & becomes steady(no blinking--indicating data transfer).the systems also stops respoding & becomes usable only when i physically redisconnect the drive from the USb port.

I talked to the SanDisk Tech support who adviced me to Reformat the drive to NTFS( thru the HP reformatter utility) & setting its policy for optimal performance.

I have done so but without any appreciable change.The Pendrive is still being stuck whenever large files are transferred.Small Files e.g. 2-30 MB are not posing a problem.

Please help if possible.   

Re: Cruzer Micro Skin USB 2.0 4GB Flash Drive:Windows Delayed Write Failed Error

No need for NTFS unless the file you are trying to transfer is larger than 4GB. since you only have a 4GB drive there is no way this is the issue.

it sounds like the drive is going bad. contact sandisk support again and ask for RMA.

Re: Cruzer Micro Skin USB 2.0 4GB Flash Drive:Windows Delayed Write Failed Error

Either what drlucky said or something's wrong with your port. Try uninstalling it in the Device Manager and then reinstalling it. Try using a different computer and check if you can transfer larger files.