Sort Order?

Hi, what sort order does the player use for music and audiobooks?

Thanks.

Alphabetical.

Alphabetical by what?

Artist, Title, Album, Filename?

It appears to be by filename.

slishnevsky wrote:

Alphabetical by what?

It depends on what menu you’re in. My guess is that if you’re talking about pressing the Play All button without Shuffle turned on, the list would be alphabetical by Song Title (as read from the ID3 tags of the files).

@tapeworm wrote:

@slishnevsky wrote:

Alphabetical by what?

It depends on what menu you’re in. My guess is that if you’re talking about pressing the Play All button without Shuffle turned on, the list would be alphabetical by Song Title (as read from the ID3 tags of the files).

Thanks.

One question though - when navigating thru Audiobooks - why can’t I see Author?

And when I select Album (I think it’s the Album tag only displayed in Audiobooks), I get a list of what? Chapters? What are they in terms of ID3 tags?

And how are they are sorted (sure it is not alphabetical), there is some order (the order how they appear in the book), but based on what, ID3 tags?

Thanks.

slishnevsky wrote:

One question though - when navigating thru Audiobooks - why can’t I see Author?

And when I select Album (I think it’s the Album tag only displayed in Audiobooks), I get a list of what? Chapters? What are they in terms of ID3 tags?

And how are they are sorted (sure it is not alphabetical), there is some order (the order how they appear in the book), but based on what, ID3 tags?

I don’t have enough time as it is to really enjoy my music, so I’ve never gotten into audiobooks. I’m sure someone else experiencesd with these will chime in and help. :smiley:

They are sorted by the track number tag. If that is missing then they should sort by the title tag.

I have an audiobook with correct track numbering and titles and in about 500 pieces

but the sorting on sandisk just uses the first 2 numbers and the third one is ignored!

This is what I see in the audiobooks menu

010-500

then very far below i see

it’s bizarre…

Is there a limit to how many characters you use to determine the sort order?

vixay,

Sounds like you just added to the suggestion box for the next firmware upgrade. :wink:

Dave