write protected sd card

@dell325 wrote:
im trying to put music on if with windows media player, i dont know which sandisk player if any, and it shows up everywhere on my computer including mycomputer but anytime i attempt to put anything, music, pictures, the computer tells me that it is write protected.

This information is key. For instance, if you have an e200 series v1 player, you can only transfer files to the card in MSC mode. You cannot ‘sync’ songs to the card with Windows Media Player in MTP mode.

If you have a Fuze though, you can. So look for the model number on the back and/or look for the firmware version in the SETTINGS > INFO screen (top line). This will help us narrow down what you’ve got to work with. You might also click the the link at the top of any page here and go directly to the Sansa store to look for your player. That won’t help with the firmware or model version number, but it’s a start.

Alternatively, you could put the card in a card ‘reader’, connect that to your computer, and transfer your files that way. Then plug the card into the player. It should see and play anything here as well as in the internal memory.