Something big is coming.....

I dont care what it is but if it has a cape Ill stand in line to buy it.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:55 PM

Two main products are dazzling, the SDXC card, and the SSD drop-in replacement for your portable hard drive.  These products were “impossible” dreams a few years ago.  From an engineering standpoint, the precipitous plunge in required current will give the personal laptop new life, as you no longer have to spin that wee hard drive platter.

Running a DSLR, that removable memory makes all the difference.  Without the Extreme , that camera can be a slow toad.

We all need hobbies, they are part of what makes us unique.  For SanDisk, the Sansa is a perfect match.  All businesses need to watch that bottom line, of course.  Concentrating on the new generation of Sansa devices, the Fuze and Clip are the front runners.  The View kind of shares the predicament of the e200 series players, as it’s a hybrid.

I wouldn’t cry “the sky is falling” about the Sansa product line, it’s just that SanDisk has had to be quite conservative these days, to remain strong overall.  I am hopeful that the new products will fare well, as it benefits us all.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

My guess is that the next Sansa model will be a touch screen - everybody else has them now.

64gb is a possibility due to the fact that Sansa already has a 32gb player.

Full size card slot? Ain’t gonna happen, the trend is smaller - not larger.

Well, this may or may not be it…I’ll be disappointed if it is. Credit goes to the Samsung moderator,lebellium,  over at anythingbutipod , for finding this.

http://shop.sandisk.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?SiteID=sdiskus&Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&productID=182914100&pgm=57904300&&resid=S6d2VAoHAj4AACWv46oAAAAE&rests=1269279769781

Edit: Imagine the database refresh time! :dizzy_face:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-22-2010 02:33 PM

I believe you’re right Marvin, disappointed though you may be. Check out the date on this news flash found on the SanDisk site.

Personally, I’m glad to see the 32GB micro card finally here. It’s over a year past all expectations of when it would ship. Now will it be another 6 months to a year before the price comes down to the point where I can afford to get one. And here I just got another 16GB card, cause I was tired of waiting. :cry:

Tapeworm wrote:

I believe you’re right Marvin, disappointed though you may be. Check out the date on this news flash found on the SanDisk site.

Personally, I’m glad to see the 32GB micro card finally here. It’s over a year past all expectations of when it would ship. Now will it be another 6 months to a year before the price comes down to the point where I can afford to get one. And here I just got another 16GB card, cause I was tired of waiting. :cry:

I haven’t bought one of the 16GB cards, because the previous owner of my Clip+ told me nightmarish stories of long database refresh times. Now maybe my usage patterns would differ, and it wouldn’t be an issue…but since I have two 16GB players asides from my Clip+, I’ve been content using it with its native 8GB. Do you use one of those cards with a Clip+, or only with a Fuze? And what are your refresh times like?

i can think of a few…

Slot Pictures–paintings

photos

Slot Movies-- action

romance

fantasy

science fiction

Slot Podcasts

Slot Wifi—Plug in the Slot Wifi card, and you have wifi due to a small antenae embedded in the card!

Well, it doesn’t look like that was the big announcement…

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/22/sandisk-ships-32gb-microsdhc-card-for-200/

So, it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

Sansa 8GB Fuse with 16GB miscoSD card.

Message Edited by JodyL on 03-22-2010 03:21 PM

At close to $200, I doubt demand for the 32 GB micro SDHC card will be so great. When it gets under $100, and especially under $75, then imo demand will take off.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Do you use one of those cards with a Clip+, or only with a Fuze? And what are your refresh times like?

I bought the 2nd 16GB card just recently for my 8GB Clip+ but only have about 4GB filled on yet. I’ve been using this as my dedicated FLAC machine. My Fuze has been adopted by my (adult?) daughter who dropped her iPod into an aquarium. The “leaving it in a bag of dry rice for a week” didn’t work. I’ve got a bunch of old TV shows on several memory cards she absconded with also; she likes watching videos on it.

My other 16GB card is full of MP3s; 2133 tracks with approx. 200mb free space (gotta find a couple more albums to fit in there), but it lives in my e280v2 player.

This isn’t a totally accurate measurement, as the Clip+ only has 277 .flac files (so it doesn’t take as long to count them), but I put the loaded 16GB card into the Clip+ and fired it up. Refresh took 5 min, 20 secs. On my e280 (with approx. 1000 .mp3 files on the internal) and the 16GB card, the refresh takes between 7 - 8 min. (it’s been a while since I timed it, so can’t remember exactly).

So the Clip+ maybe a bit quicker, but not by much. These times sound long, but they’re not bad unless you’re changing files (adding or deleting) all the time. Otherwise, I just find something else to do for those few minutes.

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Do you use one of those cards with a Clip+, or only with a Fuze? And what are your refresh times like?

I bought the 2nd 16GB card just recently for my 8GB Clip+ but only have about 4GB filled on it at present. I’ve been using this as my dedicated FLAC machine. My Fuze has been adopted by my (adult?) daughter who dropped her iPod into an aquarium. The “leaving it in a bag of dry rice for a week” didn’t work. I’ve got a bunch of old TV shows on several memory cards she absconded with also; she likes watching videos on it.

My other 16GB card is full of MP3s; 2133 tracks with approx. 200mb free space (gotta find a couple more albums to fit in there), but it lives in my e280v2 player.

This isn’t a totally accurate measurement, as the Clip+ only has 277 .flac files (so it doesn’t take as long to count them), but I put the loaded 16GB card into the Clip+ and fired it up. Refresh took 5 min, 20 secs. On my e280 (with approx. 1000 .mp3 files on the internal) and the 16GB card, the refresh takes between 7 - 8 min. (it’s been a while since I timed it, so can’t remember exactly).

So the Clip+ maybe a bit quicker, but not by much. These times sound long, but they’re not bad unless you’re changing files (adding or deleting) all the time. Otherwise, I just find something else to do for those few minutes.

Tapeworm wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

I bought the 2nd 16GB card just recently for my 8GB Clip+ but only have about 4GB filled on it at present. I’ve been using this as my dedicated FLAC machine. My Fuze has been adopted by my (adult?) daughter who dropped her iPod into an aquarium. The “leaving it in a bag of dry rice for a week” didn’t work. I’ve got a bunch of old TV shows on several memory cards she absconded with also; she likes watching videos on it.

That doesn’t sound too bad then. The former owner of my Clip+ spoke of refresh times approaching a half-hour, which is the main reason I haven’t bought one of the 16GB cards.  But of course, I wasn’t there to see for myself how he carried the player around, maybe he jiggled the card enough to trigger a refresh. Now I’m wondering if I should go ahead and buy a 16GB card after all…but I’ll wait and see what the big announcement is first, I guess.

I’m amused by your description of your daughter, btw…:smileyvery-happy: I’m sure my parents have always felt that way about me too.

I buy 16 GB micro SDHC cards like popcorn.  It’s a perfect size for me as it lets me catagorize my music in a way that suits my listening style.  32 GB is a tad too large for my needs, even if I were given them free.  I use the lowepro SD carrying case; it’s small and holds 8 SD or micro SDHC cards easily.  I just simply drop my player, cables and lowepro in my travel case and I’m ready to go.  My collection is pretty much set in place; and I don’t add or delete files from the cards very often, so refresh times are not a big concern of mine.

@JodyL

“Today” is “tomorrow”, depending on where you are in the world.

This is dissapointing to me that sandisk came out with a 32gb micro sdhc card. I wanted them to release a new Sansa mp3 player to make up for the view and to be honest, they are due for 1! I am a loyal sandisk customer and have boughtalmost  every sandisk mp3 player throughout the years and was expecting them to come up with a new one. I have also bought a couple of sandisk micros sdhc cards as well. But let us be honest, Most of us have been buying sandisk products because we like their mp3 players not their miscro sd cards. I dont see many people buying a 32gb micro sdhc card for $200? So I lay dissapointed with this product. Sandisk should listen to its cutomers. What do you guys think

sansablue11 wrote:
This is dissapointing to me that sandisk came out with a 32gb micro sdhc card. I wanted them to release a new Sansa mp3 player to make up for the view and to be honest, they are due for 1! I am a loyal sandisk customer and have boughtalmost  every sandisk mp3 player throughout the years and was expecting them to come up with a new one. I have also bought a couple of sandisk micros sdhc cards as well. But let us be honest, Most of us have been buying sandisk products because we like their mp3 players not their miscro sd cards. I dont see many people buying a 32gb micro sdhc card for $200? So I lay dissapointed with this product. Sandisk should listen to its cutomers. What do you guys think

The 32GB microsdhc card was announced on the 22nd…right on the bottom right of the SanDisk front page. So apparently the announcement will be something else.

http://www.sandisk.com/

Marvin_Martian wrote:

The 32GB microsdhc card was announced on the 22nd…right on the bottom right of the SanDisk front page. So apparently the announcement will be something else.

Nope, that’s it.

Make way for Mighty Gig! :smiley:

Much ado about nothing; for me at least.  I don’t even use the 32 GB full size SDHC cards in my player that supports those.  It’s good that they finally got them released, but I don’t think it warranted all the hoopla that was present on the home page for awhile.

But like the old saying goes; one person’s trash, is another person’s treasure.  I’m sure somebody will be happy about it; off the top of my head, I can’t think of anybody, but I’m sure there is somebody out there that is willing to pay the premium for them.

Tapeworm wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Nope, that’s it.

Make way for Mighty Gig! :smiley:

Darn…I was all prepared to shell out the cash for a 32GB Fuze+, too…well, now to watch the prices on the 16GB cards a little closer!:wink: