SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian
Accepted Solution

Something big is coming.....

Post your theories here!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/20/something-big-coming-from-sandisk-complete-with-cape/

I'm hoping for a 64GB Fuze+ with a 7-band EQ.

Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB <--All Rockboxed. Clip Sport 8GB, Cowon D2+ 20GB
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, iPod Touch 4G 32GB, iPod Touch 2G 8GB
Nexus 7 32GB(4.4.2 KitKat) Asus MeMo Pad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro32GB+16GB(4.1.2 JB).
SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

Re: Something big is coming.....

When I saw that on Sandisk's main site, the first thing I thought of was a 32GB microSDHC card.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

I doubt Sandisk would release a 64 GB player without releasing a 32 GB one first, but a 32 GB player with a full sized SDXC card slot would be very nice!
SanDisk Guru
Conversionbox

I dont care what it is but if it has a cape Ill stand in line to buy it.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Fanatic
TomJensen

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 05:55 PM
SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

Two main products are dazzling, the SDXC card, and the SSD drop-in replacement for your portable hard drive.  These products were "impossible" dreams a few years ago.  From an engineering standpoint, the precipitous plunge in required current will give the personal laptop new life, as you no longer have to spin that wee hard drive platter.

Running a DSLR, that removable memory makes all the difference.  Without the Extreme, that camera can be a slow toad.

We all need hobbies, they are part of what makes us unique.  For SanDisk, the Sansa is a perfect match.  All businesses need to watch that bottom line, of course.  Concentrating on the new generation of Sansa devices, the Fuze and Clip are the front runners.  The View kind of shares the predicament of the e200 series players, as it's a hybrid.

I wouldn't cry "the sky is falling" about the Sansa product line, it's just that SanDisk has had to be quite conservative these days, to remain strong overall.  I am hopeful that the new products will fare well, as it benefits us all.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

SanDisk Fanatic
14124all

My guess is that the next Sansa model will be a touch screen - everybody else has them now.

64gb is a possibility due to the fact that Sansa already has a 32gb player.

Full size card slot? Ain't gonna happen, the trend is smaller - not larger.

8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

[ Edited ]

Well, this may or may not be it.....I'll be disappointed if it is. Credit goes to the Samsung moderator,lebellium,  over at anythingbutipod , for finding this.

http://shop.sandisk.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?SiteID=sdiskus&Action=DisplayProductDetailsPa...

Edit: Imagine the database refresh time! :smileysurprised:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-22-2010 02:33 PM
Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB <--All Rockboxed. Clip Sport 8GB, Cowon D2+ 20GB
Nexus 7 32GB(4.4.2 KitKat) Asus MeMo Pad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro32GB+16GB(4.1.2 JB).
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

I believe you're right Marvin, disappointed though you may be. Check out the date on this news flash found on the SanDisk site.

Personally, I'm glad to see the 32GB micro card finally here. It's over a year past all expectations of when it would ship. Now will it be another 6 months to a year before the price comes down to the point where I can afford to get one. And here I just got another 16GB card, cause I was tired of waiting. :smileysad:

SanDisk Guru
Marvin_Martian

Tapeworm wrote:

I believe you're right Marvin, disappointed though you may be. Check out the date on this news flash found on the SanDisk site.

Personally, I'm glad to see the 32GB micro card finally here. It's over a year past all expectations of when it would ship. Now will it be another 6 months to a year before the price comes down to the point where I can afford to get one. And here I just got another 16GB card, cause I was tired of waiting. :smileysad:

I haven't bought one of the 16GB cards, because the previous owner of my Clip+ told me nightmarish stories of long database refresh times. Now maybe my usage patterns would differ, and it wouldn't be an issue.....but since I have two 16GB players asides from my Clip+, I've been content using it with its native 8GB. Do you use one of those cards with a Clip+, or only with a Fuze? And what are your refresh times like?