Salad Fingers

Has anyone ever heard of Salad Fingers?

Go to Youtube and search Salad Fingers 1.

Thanks for the waste of 2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

Needless to say, I’m not impressed. :neutral_face:

Thanks… Salad Fingers is hilarious! You just have to get it.

@tapeworm wrote:

Thanks for the waste of 2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

Needless to say, I’m not impressed. :neutral_face:

That was a nice comment…:neutral_face:

I agree with tapeworm!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Before I go, I would like to caress your rusty kettle…

The feeling of ru… nevermind. Not going to go anywhere with that one.

How is this “solved”?

@gwk1967 wrote:
How is this “solved”?

It’s a way of bolstering your own ego. If you go to your profile, you’ll see how many ‘Solutions’ you’ve authored. Only the OP can mark a post as an ‘Accepted Solution’.

So if you initiate a post, then later respond to it, you can mark your own reply as ‘The’ solution.

Don’t break your arm, patting yourself on the back like that, Bud. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:
How is this “solved”?

It’s a way of bolstering your own ego. If you go to your profile, you’ll see how many ‘Solutions’ you’ve authored. Only the OP can mark a post as an ‘Accepted Solution’.

So if you initiate a post, then later respond to it, you can mark your own reply as ‘The’ solution.

Don’t break your arm, patting yourself on the back like that, Bud. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tape, don’t give Nissan any ideas!

@marvin_martian wrote:

Tape, don’t give Nissan any ideas!

Oh cr@p!

Good point!

Oh, I understand the solution process. What I meant was “The post marked as the ‘solution’ didn’t resolve anything.”

@gwk1967 wrote:
Oh, I understand the solution process. What I meant was “The post marked as the ‘solution’ didn’t resolve anything.”

But the process is what allows a poster to mark his own response as a ‘solution’. I don’t think this should be allowed, even if you do happen across the answer to your own problem. If any ‘credit’ is due, it should be paid to someone who helped inspire and steer you to the answer at the very least.

I’ve seen several threads where the OP marked his own reply as the ‘Accepted Solution’ when it was clearly the advice of someone else that solved it for him. Just because he (or she) was able to follow the well-written instructions of the more experienced person and resolve the issue doesn’t give them the right to claim the success for themselves.

So who’s counting the solutions listing?  There isn’t a “leader board” like at the golf club is there?

I didn’t even realize that there was a tally.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

So who’s counting the solutions listing?  There isn’t a “leader board” like at the golf club is there?

Well, at the golf club you want to be in the minus range…so some of the people here are backwards in their thinking then! :wink:

@neutron_bob wrote:

No, it isn’t ‘public’ knowledge. You can only see yours if you go to your profile. You can’t see anyone else’s. I’m sure the Admin. & Mod(s) probably can though.

@tapeworm wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:
How is this “solved”?

I’ve ‘solved’ at least 2 issues for folks, but they mark their ‘thank you’ reply to my post as the ‘accepted solution’.  Oh well.

I love the child’s soft voice, “I like spoons.”  Very bizarre animation, especially if one looks at the sequels.

On the golf front, if we’re going to start smacking that wee little ball around, I’m off to the club.  With my handicap, I’ll need to start tonight for tomorrow’s tee.

@tenzip wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:
How is this “solved”?

I’ve ‘solved’ at least 2 issues for folks, but they mark their ‘thank you’ reply to my post as the ‘accepted solution’.  Oh well.

Perfect example:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=28888&jump=true

Here’s another:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=28942&jump=true

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-14-2009 05:55 PM

I was feeling froggy after spending a few hours delving into the system registry.  I just finished a few cups of coffee in the process…

I fixed both posts for you guys, as they were an obvious mixup in both cases.

µsansa