Reply
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008
Accepted Solution

Product Retirement

Well after 3 years or so of 8 hour a day usage my Fuze is starting to act wonky. I have decided to completely retire my 5 year old Connect and make the Fuze my going to bed player... meaning I will only be using it at night. 

 

As for my new 8 hour a day player... I went with a 16 gig Sony Walkman... The store I went to was out of the Fuze+ but Im not sure I would have bought that anyhow. 

 

Its interesting this process. Let me know your thoughts.


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


Conversionbox wrote:

Well after 3 years or so of 8 hour a day usage my Fuze is starting to act wonky. I have decided to completely retire my 5 year old Connect and make the Fuze my going to bed player... meaning I will only be using it at night. 

 

As for my new 8 hour a day player... I went with a 16 gig Sony Walkman... The store I went to was out of the Fuze+ but Im not sure I would have bought that anyhow. 

 

Its interesting this process. Let me know your thoughts.


Which one did you end up with....the S545, the E345? I've had both of them, and they were nice sounding players. Sounds like you've certainly gotten your money's worth out of your Fuze!

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


Marvin_Martian wrote:

Which one did you end up with....the S545, the E345? I've had both of them, and they were nice sounding players. Sounds like you've certainly gotten your money's worth out of your Fuze!

 



I got the s545! It seems to be a great little player. I got way more out of the Fuze then I ever thought I would. 

 


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


Conversionbox wrote:

 




I got the s545! It seems to be a great little player. I got way more out of the Fuze then I ever thought I would. 

 


It's a great sounding player, and the battery life is awesome, as long as you're using headphones and not the speakers. The custom EQ and Clear Bass are really nice too....I never liked using the Fuze EQ, until I rockboxed mine.Smiley Wink

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Product Retirement

Update... I washed it. So the player is chilling with some rice and bread. Im gonna wait a few days to see what happens.


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


Conversionbox wrote:

Update... I washed it. So the player is chilling with some rice and bread. Im gonna wait a few days to see what happens.


Good luck!

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 5,822
Registered: ‎12-26-2007

Re: Product Retirement

Conversionbox,

 

So the burning question is whether "it" refers to the Fuze, or the Walkman.  My curiosity is piqued, you see.  Which player has gone for a swim?

 

Bob  Smiley Surprised

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


neutron_bob wrote:

Conversionbox,

 

So the burning question is whether "it" refers to the Fuze, or the Walkman.  My curiosity is piqued, you see.  Which player has gone for a swim?

 

Bob  Smiley Surprised


The walkman. It got left in the front pocket of a hoodie. And found its way to davie jones's locker.

 


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,018
Registered: ‎02-05-2009

Re: Product Retirement

Why use bread too?  Seems to me the uncooked rice would be enough to absorb any remaining moisture.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Product Retirement

 


mags1230 wrote:

Why use bread too?  Seems to me the uncooked rice would be enough to absorb any remaining moisture.


Better Safe than sorry? Also if it doesnt work I can just throw some mustard on it and eat it to teach myself a lesson.

 


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base