My Charger EXPLODED!!!!!!!!!!

OK i got a usb wall charger for my view yesterday at five below and when i plugged it into my view it charged for 5 min and i heard an explosion but there were no fires and stuff. When i took it out again it would’nt charge. What unexpensive charger do you guys reccomend that won’t die on me?

Is five below a store or the temperature?

Be wary of the no-name-made-in-China stuff. Especially if there’s no UL listing. There’s a post here somewhere of the exact same thing happening to someone in England.

@sansafinder wrote:
OK i got a usb wall charger for my view yesterday at five below and when i plugged it into my view it charged for 5 min and i heard an explosion but there were no fires and stuff. When i took it out again it would’nt charge. What unexpensive charger do you guys reccomend that won’t die on me?

The Belkin charging kit. Includes a wall adapter, a car adapter, and a genuine Sandisk cable. They can usually be found online for pretty cheap, too. Google “belkin sansa charger”.

The store. And I found out it said “Made In China” so that’s why it exploded. Also I think it was too much capacity on it cause it was really hot. Today we went to exchange it and got a different company’s and it works great, compact, and it’s black. It charged my view within a half an hour and 10 minutes. So now I’m after a hard case for it cause it gets scratches and smudges a lot. So which hard case do you guys recommend? I’ve got one at Amazon for 2.99.

@sansafinder wrote:
OK i got a usb wall charger for my view yesterday at five below and when i plugged it into my view it charged for 5 min and i heard an explosion but there were no fires and stuff.

Whew! That was a close call!  Not only did the exploding charger not start a fire, but it didn’t fry your view either. :dizzy_face:

You got that right! When it exploded my body temperature fell to 15 degrees!

how did that happen

It’s so horrible to hear that.  Mainly because it’s not the original stuffs, isn’t it? 

Gimme a break! Did you see the dates on these posts?

_ 2 years ago! _