IE Users Have Lower IQ Than Users of Other Web Browsers

"A recent study links intelligence test results with browser usage — and the results don’t look good for users of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, especially its older versions.

The study, titled “Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Browser Usage” by Canadian company AptiQuant, compiled IQ test scores of 101,326 individuals older than the age of 16 and divided them into groups according to the browser they use.

The results are fascinating. Users of Internet Explorer 6 have an average IQ score barely more than 80; Firefox and Chrome users fare much better, with average IQ scores of around 110, while Opera and Camino users have an average IQ score more than 120."

http://mashable.com/2011/07/29/internet-explorer-iq/

Firefox user here!:stuck_out_tongue:

Ha!  I just read that yesterday.

I use Chrome, as it is faster and more reliable.

They should make a similar study about people who use iPods vs. other mp3 players.

Gee, I wonder how that would turn out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the difference would be too much to explain.

I’ve suffered through years of the Browser Wars with you.  I never did quite figure out why mozilla never redesigned the classic Netscape pilot’s wheel to include the Jolly Roger , that would have been a nice, but politically incorrect, choice (piracy was a hot button topic with music a few years back, yes?).

Microsoft have done very well, albeit late in the game, with Internet Explorer 9.  Perhaps the correct title could be " IE Users Have Has Lower IQ Than Users of Other Web Browsers.

The primary reason IE went through a quantum leap (with 9) was because everybody else was building a better mousetrap.  Thus, I welcome Google, Mozilla and others to stay the course.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

hehehe. This is 100% true. The issue here is that users who use only IE dont know that there are other browsers that exists! Majority of them might be just new to the internet… 

+1 to what o_sala said.

most people just dont care about web browsers. and since IE is the default browser, then most people use it and thats why the greater numbers in surveys. :slight_smile:

have they studied how many intelligent people using it compared to other OS?