Free Music Downloads

@marvin_martian wrote:

Well, CB and GB, I stand corrected :smiley:

I was under that impression that they were all piracy…my bad.

We both know that’s what the original poster (that brought up the “t” word) had in mind, though  :wink:

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-19-2009 12:00 AM

Found another one! Its all Legit. I checked!

Free Albums Galore

You classical music fans will like this one! I saw, Hayden, Shostakovich, and Mahler, just at a glance. And Scrolling thru a little more I see Mozart, and Puccini, as well as Schubert and Vivaldi. All this is intermixed with Hip Hop, Rock, Pop, Indie, Country, Electronic, and stuff that not even the Pros can classify. I think I found a new favorite for the Obscure freebie albums. 

Im having a pretty Good day for Free Tunes!

These are from Amazons Free music

Eagle Records Live At Montreux 2009 Sampler****

Tomorrows Stars from SxSW

Sub Pop Amazon Sampler****

711 more Free Songs

I really Really Recomend the Sub Pop Sampler and the Eagle Records sampler. Both are Awesome!

I mentioned The Internet Archive on another thread so let’s put it here too. Also, do check out the Other Music Sources page on the Free Albums Galore link provided by CB for a lot of other sources. Their first listing:

The Internet Archive - The ultimate source for open source audio, long out-of-print 78s, netlabels, and live music.

It also has Audio Books & Poetry.

NPR’s Live in Concert from ALL SONGS CONSIDERED

Quite a good number of full concerts. All available for streaming and many (but not all) also available for download in single file podcast form. Subscribe to their RSS feed to get notification as concert podcasts become available. Right now they have a lot of stuff from the current SXSW.

@robisan wrote:

NPR’s Live in Concert from ALL SONGS CONSIDERED

Quite a good number of full concerts. All available for streaming and many (but not all) also available for download in single file podcast form. Subscribe to their RSS feed to get notification as concert podcasts become available. Right now they have a lot of stuff from the current SXSW.

Robisan, Frostclick which Is linked on the OP has over 6 gigs of music from the Current SxSW… Dont know if you are interested. (I think its on the Second page now)

Thanks CB. Unfortunately I don’t do torrents…

For those interested, since it's about to drop out of my RSS feed list, here's a [direct link to the entire SxSW concert by The Decemberists](http://podcastdownload.npr.org/anon.npr-podcasts/podcast/510253/102139597/npr_102139597.mp3) (mp3 - Save file as) from NPR. They did their entire new album ("The Hazards of Love" ) in this podcast concert.

Message Edited by Robisan on 03-26-2009 01:16 PM

@robisan wrote:

Thanks CB. Unfortunately I don’t do torrents…

For those interested, since it’s about to drop out of my RSS feed list, here’s a direct link to the entire SxSW concert by The Decemberists (mp3 - Save file as) from NPR. They did their entire new album (“The Hazards of Love” ) in this podcast concert.

Message Edited by Robisan on 03-26-2009 01:16 PM

Its cool, but if you are wondering the Torrents are completely cool, no viruses or junk. Its all completely legal, and on the Up and Up. I downloaded all of it and it works great.

I forgot to say a “thank you” for these.  I just got an 8gb card to load ONLY music on it and these free ones help (along wtih the CD’s I’ve bought).  Still not full…

@dalaug234 wrote:
I forgot to say a “thank you” for these.  I just got an 8gb card to load ONLY music on it and these free ones help (along wtih the CD’s I’ve bought).  Still not full…

No Problem… I have about a gig and a half of stuff from these sites.

A link I found on the iLounge forums: Evanescence EPs and pre-“Fallen” Material

Six discs worth of stuff (including multiple alternate versions of a few of the hits from “Fallen” ), all fully authorized by the band. Four of the six discs are available in FLAC, btw.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 05-06-2009 04:32 PM

@gwk1967 wrote:

A link I found on the iLounge forums: Evanescence EPs and pre-“Fallen” Material

Six discs worth of stuff (including multiple alternate versions of a few of the hits from “Fallen” ), all fully authorized by the band. Four of the six discs are available in FLAC, btw.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 05-06-2009 04:32 PM

Thanks for the info, but I’m getting an error 403 with your supplied link…

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 05-06-2009 05:47 PM

Strange, I copy/pasted that link directly from the address bar.

…but now I remember the same thing happened the first time I clicked on the link at iLounge. Fortunately, if you click on the (seemingly identical) link on the error page, it’ll take you to the site.

@gwk1967 wrote:

Strange, I copy/pasted that link directly from the address bar.

…but now I remember the same thing happened the first time I clicked on the link at iLounge. Fortunately, if you click on the (seemingly identical) link on the error page, it’ll take you to the site.

Great… Got it now…

Thanks again…

Coldplay is giving away their new live album, “LeftRightLeftRightLeft”.

http://lrlrl.coldplay.com/leftright.html

I don’t know how long the free download will last, so if you want it, don’t delay.

Oh, it’s nine MP3 tracks, encoded at 192kbps CBR, btw.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 05-15-2009 04:49 PM

Another free album, “Dust” by The Benjy Davis Project, courtesy of Amazon. I haven’t heard of this artist/group before, myself. But hey, if you don’t like it, it’s not like it cost you anything…

http://www.amazon.com/Dust/dp/B001JMW970/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk

@gwk1967 wrote:

Another free album, “Dust” by The Benjy Davis Project, courtesy of Amazon. I haven’t heard of this artist/group before, myself. But hey, if you don’t like it, it’s not like it cost you anything…

http://www.amazon.com/Dust/dp/B001JMW970/ref=dm_cd_album_lnk

This was featured in their weekly Free music e-mail. I DL’d it but havent had a chance to listen to it yet.

For all you Pink Floyd fans, there’s http://braindamage.libsyn.com/ … I haven’t yet found any indication that the band disapproves of this website, but if someone does, please let me know and I’ll clear this post.

Make sure to check out the links under the “Archive” section, on the right of the webpage.

@promisedplanet wrote:

For all you Pink Floyd fans, there’s http://braindamage.libsyn.com/ … I haven’t yet found any indication that the band disapproves of this website, but if someone does, please let me know and I’ll clear this post.

Make sure to check out the links under the “Archive” section, on the right of the webpage.

Sweet! With many of the TV shows ending their seasons, this podcast will be a welcome addition…thanks PP:smiley:

FREE ON AMAZON! 

JAZZ GREATEST YEAR 1959 

Its only three songs but they are from some greats of the Genre