Bacon Game

I got a thinking game for everyone out there to play when you are bored. This is the big question… What food that is not a condiment or drink doesn’t go with bacon or ice cream. I thought oatmeal until I tried it with bacon (Mmmmm… Bacon). If you think of anything please respond.

Brussel Sprouts!

Those things are just nasty! 

Oh, but they are divine with bacon and saute’d in the fat.

Maybe with some carmelized onions too!

Don’t forget a little butter on those guys!!  Tape has an idea there.

microsansa

microsansa wrote:

Don’t forget a little butter on those guys!!  Tape has an idea there.

microsansa

I DID forget something . . . Balsamic vinegar reduced down to a syrupy glaze. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm . . . Cough Syrup!

Wait.  That’s not a food. 

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 05-17-2010 09:12 PM

Okay then, Brussel Sprouts don’t go with ICE CREAM then. =P

The game works like if Brussel sprouts go with bacon then you go to another food it is either bacon or ice cream

I’ve read that the like/dislike of brussels sprouts (yep, it’s Brussels/brussels) has a genetic basis. Something about whether or not you have the gene for the receptor responsible for detecting a particular type of bitter.

I don’t understand the “rules” of the bacon game.

“The game works like if Brussel sprouts go with bacon then you go to another food it is either bacon or ice cream”

Say what?

Sorry I wrote it in a weird way that was hard to understand (after I read it again even I couldn’t understand it). Here are the rules: 1.think of a food 2. Think if it would taste good with bacon if not then think if it would go good with ice cream if it dosen’t go good with either of those things then you have beat the game. 3. If the food you were thinking of went with one of those go to another food and repeat step 2.

I’d rather think of other foods that DO go with either bacon or ice cream. It’s a lot more fun. :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:
I’d rather think of other foods that DO go with either bacon or ice cream. It’s a lot more fun. :smileyvery-happy:

That’s not a “game” though, is it? I think that’s called “everyday living.” :smiley:

Gummy bears + bacon = me puke

14124all wrote:

Hey, I haven’t checked but I’ll bet there’s some bacon-flavord Jelly Belly jelly beans!

14124all wrote:

Hey, I haven’t checked but I’ll bet there’s some bacon-flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans!

@tapeworm wrote:

@14124all wrote:

Hey, I haven’t checked but I’ll bet there’s some bacon-flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans!

Yes.  Yes there is. 

Well then try gummy bears + ice cream I figured out that most candies go with ice cream

I like your Phineas and Ferb humor there saxmaster

Well, I wasn’t going for that, but I will admit, I have seen it.

When will you make the bacon and oatmeal ice cream? :slight_smile: