Am I the only one here who doesn't like Ipod?

And when you say “mp3 player” to an ipodies, they have no clue what you’re talking about :stuck_out_tongue:  They don’t understand much beyond “ipod” or “itunes”.  Which is sad.

I have a tremendous love for Apple the company. They make a Great Compuer and are cutting edge in the laptop world. HOWEVER I DESPISE IPODS AND ITUNES. No company big or small will dictate to me how I can use MY media. Thats what itunes does. 

PS. There are ipod Posters in frames all over my school (broadcasting), and it makes me mad, so I got some printable stickes and pasted the anythingbutipod.com logo and the sansa logo and the zune logo for good measure and stuck them on the frames. Everybody thought it was funny!

@conversionbox wrote:

PS. There are ipod Posters in frames all over my school (broadcasting), and it makes me mad, so I got some printable stickes and pasted the anythingbutipod.com logo and the sansa logo and the zune logo for good measure and stuck them on the frames. Everybody thought it was funny!

That is funny! :smileyvery-happy: But great because it’s also “educational” for those who don’t know there is anything but an ipod…

That’s why I use the phrase MP3 Player.  That’s more generic.  I hear iPod too often to refer to players all the time… We need to stop using that name for the ONLY way to get music or podcasts or audiobooks…

@dalaug234 wrote:

That is funny! :smileyvery-happy: But great because it’s also “educational” for those who don’t know there is anything but an ipod…

That’s why I use the phrase MP3 Player.  That’s more generic.  I hear iPod too often to refer to players all the time… We need to stop using that name for the ONLY way to get music or podcasts or audiobooks…

True, that term is now used by the majority of people referring to MP3 players. Just as Kleenex brand name is associated with any facial tissue.

And just how many 'PODcasts are downloaded to i-PODS as opposed to other devices? These are just simple digital recordings of programs, lectures, speeches, etc. that are available to download and listen to at the user’s convenience in (usually) .mp3 format. So the fact that the majority are not recorded in Apple’s proprietary audio format would suggest that they should be referred to as something else. But Noooooo . . . everyone calls them ‘podcasts’! :angry:

iPods don’t have good sound quality like sansa players    people buy them mainly because of the  colors. so overpriced and you can’t use anything but itunes to put music on them

Yes, I don’t like ipods either. They are too expensive, for too little features. I love my Sansa e260r and Sansa Fuze 8GB, Ipods can’t beat them!

i think iPods are pretty cool, but the are too overpriced. And they can’t do as much either. For example- they can’t expand their memory; they don’t have voice recorders, which i don’t use that much anyway; They don’t have radios, which I do use often; works with iTunes and iTunes only. Upsides- great video quality.

-The Saxmaster

@nintendogamer92 wrote:
iPods don’t have good sound quality like sansa players    people buy them mainly because of the  colors. so overpriced and you can’t use anything but itunes to put music on them

People buy them also because they think it will work right out of the box–not necessarily true.

Or they’re afriad of trying something different.  Or even different then anyone else.

I think a company should start up and their name should be banana and their logo should be a yellow banana and everyrhing has to be banana-ey. And they should have the u-pod instead of the i-pod and every thing has to be u-somethong. Imagine that, the u-touch or the u-mac or even the u-phone!

http://i.gizmodo.com/5166649/ipods-and-young-people-have-utterly-destroyed-music

@marvin_martian wrote:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5166649/ipods-and-young-people-have-utterly-destroyed-music

Oh that was good.  Thanks for sharing.

Anyway, how was the u-pod idea?

@aaron11 wrote:
I mean, come on! The ipod is like a trap. Apple brainwashes all of their customers to think that Ipod is the only good MP3 player. There’s tons of other ones. Even if you don’t like Sansa’s very much, there’s Creative Zen, Samsung, Sony, and many others. Ipods are too much. I don’t ever see my self getting an ipod unless I see one for a dollar. Is there anyone here who agrees with me? I mean, when you get an Ipod, you pay for the name. Ipod Nano has poor features too. It doesn’t even have an FM tuner! Are you kidding me? You can get one at the dollar store! I guess apples so cheap, they don’t want to spend the few more dollars to put an FM tuner on it. Rip off!

P.S. I don’t hate Ipods. They’re just overpriced and Apple brain washes their customers into thinking the Ipod is the only option.

You’re not alone my friend! I could build a better MP3 Player than Apple could.

Just kidding, but I think Ipods have gotten too much reputation for nothing but their brand, which is why I hate Ipods.

Ah yes the dead Ipod image, I cannot imagine the faces on Ipod users when they saw this.

Message Edited by pringles on 04-13-2009 05:43 PM

Okay I don’t like it anymore then I did before.  My coworker got a new ipod (I don’t know which one, don’t care too much).  She couldn’t get into iTunes because she couldn’t remember her ID and Password.  I just go to windows media player and sync… with my Fuze or my phone… no problems.  I’ve also used Media Monkey.  Either one.  No password, no id.  Just plug and sync.

Plus I have way too many id’s and passwords to count… :frowning:

Not to mention the myth that they never break.

There’s a reason the term “percussive maintenance” was coined on an Apple forum. :wink:

My sister’s old 5.5G 30GB iPod Video actually sounds good…as long as you plug good headphones that don’t need EQ into it. But if your headphones need EQ, forget it. All it has is a list of presets, which is a fail. Apparently this is one of the better sounding iPods.When new it was rated at 14 hours battery life for audio(love those HDD).

The newer ones apparently don’t sound good unless you use a line-out, so you need a special cable for portable use(with an amp) or an actual dock at home. And of course, no radio (or expansion slot on the flash memory models) and those inflated prices and iTunes are a bonus! But they look nice, and “all your friends are doing it” :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

My sister’s old 5.5G 30GB iPod Video actually sounds good…as long as you plug good headphones that don’t need EQ into it. But if your headphones need EQ, forget it. All it has is a list of presets, which is a fail. Apparently this is one of the better sounding iPods.When new it was rated at 14 hours battery life for audio(love those HDD).

The newer ones apparently don’t sound good unless you use a line-out, so you need a special cable for portable use(with an amp) or an actual dock at home. And of course, no radio (or expansion slot on the flash memory models) and those inflated prices and iTunes are a bonus! But they look nice, and “all your friends are doing it” :wink:

After all this…I’m getting one of the controversial new 4GB shuffles (for free) . It was a bonus thrown in along with a trade for something else that I had worked out. There is no sync cable, which is cheap enough, but the stupid headphones with the controls aren’t there either. Later this month, the first 3rd party adapters to allow real headphones to be used are supposed to be released.

I probably will get the adapter when it comes out, both out of curiosity of how the little thing may sound( I know it will not sound anywhere near as good as Clip or Fuze ) , and the fact that I have no chance of selling it without controls for any appreciable amount.

Who knows, it’s made of aluminum and the clip on it is steel, so it could be a near-indestructible beater if I decide to keep it. And buying a 3rd party sync cable and headphone adapter means I won’t be supporting Apple…and I guess I could put iTunes back on just to add mp3 files to the thing. Then again, maybe one of the iPod lovers at work will want to buy it off me right away…so we’ll see what happens.

My vote:  Sell it! 

Then buy another memory card.  Or even the slot radio or slot music (just to see what it’s like if anything else).

@dalaug234 wrote:

Then buy another memory card.  Or even the slot radio or slot music (just to see what it’s like if anything else).

No way I’d buy either of the slot devices…I still think SanDisk’s resources would have been better served either improving /supporting the Clip and Fuze, or working on their replacements. If I do sell the shuffle , a 16GB microsdhc would be awfully nice for my Fuze to replace the 8GB I have now…I’ve been waiting for them to come down a little in price up to now.

@dalaug234 wrote:

or a gift…:wink: