sync problem

When I sync to my sansa clip zip with it syncs songs that are already on the device. I think its because the file modification date doesn’t update. The modification date on a file on my hard drive would be 13/08/2012 but when you put the track on to the clip its 13/03/2005. So the program I sync with thinks the files need to be updated. Is there a solution to this.

Yes. Don’t sync.

@iasc82 wrote:

When I sync to my sansa clip zip with it syncs songs that are already on the device. I think its because the file modification date doesn’t update. The modification date on a file on my hard drive would be 13/08/2012 but when you put the track on to the clip its 13/03/2005. So the program I sync with thinks the files need to be updated. Is there a solution to this.

I would play with your syncing program some, and see if you can do something from that angle.

its not a program problem its a problem with the mp3 player

And had you set the date and time on your Zip originally?

Yeah, the date and time is correct. Even if I use windows explorer to copy the files to the clip the mod date reverts to an old date.

Stop trying to sync. Sync=sink! Don’t fall into the abyss. Just copy and paste folders of files to the player in MSC mode. It is so simple and without drawbacks.

Although I like simple drag-and-drop myself (it just works), I really don’t see why the OP shouldn’t use sync if that fits his needs–telling him not to sync really doesn’t help him. Rather, why isn’t the player seemingly playing nice with it?

Why doesn’t synch work? Often synch works unexpectedly or doesn’t work at all. Sometimes too much automation is very counterproductive. There are so many posts of people mysteriously losing songs, or getting plenty of unwanted junk put on their player. Imo the whole concept of synching is flawed, and it should be avoided.