sound just stop in middle of audio book

Hi,

I was listening to an audio book when the sound just stopped.  I tried to switch over to a different book to see if the mp3 file had an error in it, but everything on the player had no sound.  Battery was still over ¾ full, checked headphones and they work on the laptop.  I tried to hold the power button down for a 30 count (a reset I think) and still no sound.  Any suggestions on what to try next?  The clip zip has been working great for about a year now. Please advise. 

Thank you in advance, Denise

You might try manually reapplying the latest firmware–glitches can develop.  See the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Thank you, I will give it a try

While this sounds too simple, check to make sure the player isn’t PAUSED.

@tapeworm wrote:

While this sounds too simple, check to make sure the player isn’t PAUSED.

LOL–has happened to me.    :wink:

I know had that happen to me before also.   I switched to other books on the clip with the same results, time played still scrolling by with out sound.  ended up removing all of the books on the clip and reloading the files again.  what ever had caused the unit to go silent, seems to have righted itself.  just had to ff to the time of the blip and all is now well. 

Thanks again for all the help in things to try.

denise

Good for you and glad that it was a simple solution!  Good to know of it–have never heard of this as a fix before, as far as I recall.  Simple is good.   :slight_smile:

Have you got it fixed!!!