.flac "not supported"?

I can’t even drop .flac files into the Music folder–I get a “this file type is not supported” popup.  I haven’t seen that discussed.

Just bought the unit yesterday, upgraded the FW immediately…no change.

In MSC Mode Flac make no Problem here.

I have FLAC files on mine. They transfer and play with no problem.

It must be something about your files, or what you’re doing that’s causing this error. Try giving us some more

details and maybe we can help.

Edit: You do have the Clip Zip right?

if you ahve it in MTP mode microsoft does not see FLAC as a supported file type and will pop that message. Just ignore the message and transfer anyway and it will play. 

Keep in mind only 16bit flac files are supported. 24bit will not work. 

1 Like

@drlucky wrote:

if you ahve it in MTP mode microsoft does not see FLAC as a supported file type and will pop that message. Just ignore the message and transfer anyway and it will play. 

Keep in mind only 16bit flac files are supported. 24bit will not work. 

Good tip to know . . . these things have MTP mode on them?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but don’t all Sansa players support MTP (and MSC)? Or at lest, don’t all reasonably new players support these modes?

I think Tape was being sarcastic. As in “why would anyone even use MTP mode?”

By the way, I believe the Connect was MTP-only (there may be other even less-successful models that didn’t support both modes, but the Connect is the most “niche” Sansa I’ve owned).

Transfer was not an option. I changed setting from auto-detect to MSC (I thought these were functionally the same). Now I can xfer my files. Thanks.

BTW when looking into the 16/24 bit thing I found a music website that had an example dl of each and I found the CZ will take and play the 24 bit file. What gives?

oh never mind.  i found when the 24bit song was selected it was skipping it and playing the 16 bit version…without any indication that’s what it was doing.