firmware update

my device sansa e250  when connected to firmware updater shows the update available 4 my device as 01.02.165 which is of e200R whereas my device is e200V1,my firmware now is 01.02.18A . the latest update available 4 e200V1 is  01.02.24.but I m not able to get that,even the firmware updater recoganizes my device as e250

why is that so? what should I do to get my firmware updated to 01.02.24

Go here and follow the instructions for manually updating the firmware. But there’s nothing wrong with the 01.02.18 firmware. That’s what I run on my old v1 e280. :wink:

now also I am not able to update!

the same problem exist

Yuo might be doing something wrong. Did you read and follow the directions exactly?

yes

Perhaps it would be helpful if you list here each step that you did.

@kuttus wrote:

my device sansa e250 **  when connected to firmware updater shows the update available 4 my device as 01.02.165 which is of e200R whereas my device is e200V1,my firmware now is 01.02.18A**. the latest update available 4 e200V1 is  01.02.24.but I m not able to get that,even the firmware updater recoganizes my device as e250

why is that so? what should I do to get my firmware updated to 01.02.24

Are you positive you have a regular v1 device? In INFO in the Settiings menu, does it show the firmware to be 01.02.18A? It’s rare & strange that the Updater would list the Rhapsody firmware for a regular v1 model.

yes

Is your player set to MSC mode before attempting to copy the firmware file to it? The firmware file is a .zip file; did you ‘extract’ it first? Did you copy it to the ‘root’ directory (uppermost folder location)?

I first downloaded sansa firmware  frm the link u gave,then the updater opened n showed my device at its left bottom ‘sansa E250 (firmware :1.02.18)’.

then  on right side it shows 3 columns - available,version,date,size.

available                                                    version                                  date                                size 

firmware                                                    1.02.165                               10/12/2007                    6.8 mb      

user manual                                              1.0                                          2/04/2009                     1.1 mb

sansa media converter(more info)        1.0.4.256                              11/02/2009                    106.9 mb

this is how it shows on the sansa updater

n yes ny device is in msc mode.

@kuttus wrote:

I first downloaded sansa firmware  frm the link u gave,then the updater opened n showed my device at its left bottom ‘sansa E250 (firmware :1.02.18)’.

Then you did’t click on the right link. You want to install the firmware manually, not use the Updater. Delete that; you don’t need it and it’s a resource hog.

You want this:

First, verify that your e200 is a v1.

This can be found by going over to Settings > Info, and verify that “Version” starts with V01. Once this has been verified, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update steps below. If you do not have a v1, do not upgrade your firmware to this a different version! This could render your player useless!

Download the firmwares by clicking on the links below. Be sure to select the region you are in for full compatibility.

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download  NOT THIS!

ONE OF THESE!

For AMERICA - Click here to download                 
For SOUTH AMERICA - Click here to download

For EUROPE w/o FM - Click here to download

For EUROPE w/ FM - Click here to download

For PACIFIC Region - Click here to download
For JAPANESE Region - Click here to download

The instructions below applies to Windows , Mac , and Linux Operating Systems.

1. Once downloaded, extract the .zip file into a folder (take note to remember where you saved it).
  2. Next, change the device’s mode from MTP to MSC by going to “Settings” then “USB Mode”, then selecting MSC.
  3. Next, connect the device to the computer and it should show up with a drive letter. In the root directory of the Sansa e200v1, add the firmware files you just extracted from the zip.
  4. Once its been added, disconnect the device, it will then say that it is upgrading the firmware. It will eventually turn off. Once it turns off, turn it back on, and it should ask you for a language to select. Once the language is chosen, head to Settings > Info and verify that the “Version” is the same as the latest verstion, mentioned above.

Click the link above that corresponds to your geographical location.