can't download media converter

I downloaded the firmware updater and my firmware is now updated but now the download button won’t work. It’s kind of gray, like I need to do something before I can use it and I can’t click on it. It won’t work after I check the box next to the media converter and thats what I wanted to download in the first place. I also tried using the search answers but I couldn’t find anything. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

The Fuze+ does not need the Sansa Media Converter.

Yeah a few suggestions would be Freemake, Handbrake, Format Factory or if you have a few bucks Aura4You.  You might just want to download them all because some videos don’t convertert as well in certain programs, even though they all seem to use the same basic engine.

@aarondude wrote:

Yeah a few suggestions would be Freemake, Handbrake, Format Factory or if you have a few bucks Aura4You

Personally, I like X-Media Recode, myself. It has lots of options for advanced users, and a number of profiles (containing preconfigured settings) for new users. It can also convert pretty much any format known to man (not to mention that it’s free). Or, you could probably find many other similar converters out there if you search for “Universal Video Converters”.

@aarondude wrote:

You might just want to download them all because some videos don’t convertert as well in certain programs, even though they all seem to use the same basic engine.

Maybe that’s because they use different settings. If quality is a concern, I suggest that you use 2-pass encoding, which will cause whatever program you use to analyze the file before converting it. This will give you much better quality, but will consequently take about twice as long to convert the file as it would without this option. Also, this setting does not exist in some programs.

Thanks to everyone! I have it figured out now.:smileyvery-happy:

Awesome.