SanDisk Senior User

Re: c 150 (Please send me how to use recovery tool and Hot keys to open Sansa c150 in recovery mode)

[ Edited ]

Install the Sansa Firmware Updater as it seems to work with the c100.  The Recovery Tool is only for the Sansa Connect.

LINK

Message Edited by JustReboot on 07-22-2008 04:19 PM

Re: c 150 (Please send me how to use recovery tool and Hot keys to open Sansa c150 in recovery mode)

My sansa C 150 is hung up and wont start.... and to make matter worse i dont have the driver CD that came along with it.. I searched the net for the drivers but seemingly they have dissapeared into thin air...

Anyways i tried my best but cant enter any recovery mode but i did get into production testing mode... So i dont know if it is possible to get the drivers as even the official site has none...

this forum is the last resort and only hope.. hope something good turns up...

Thanks you guys in advance...

SanDisk Guru

This forum isn't your last resort and only hope.  Contact SanDisk technical support.

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1692

My Sansa C150 has crashed and I cannot get into the main menu to change frm mtp to msc.  How can I access the "recovery tool?

Tom

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

If you read through this entire thread, you would have found that the "recovery tool" is for the Sansa Connect only.

However, you can try using the Sansa Firmware Updater.  This is mentioned only three posts before your own.

To force the player into MSC mode, put it into lock mode, then press & hold the |<< button while plugging into PC.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-30-2008 03:34 PM

Re: c150

Try downloading a firmware flash from wikibooks.org   Do a search for sansa c140/c150 there is a link at the bottom of the page for a .rar file.  You will need to uncompress this.
Highlighted

I had my C150 crash too.

Fooling around I got it to the factory test mode.

With battery removed.....

Pressing the << and the>> at the same time while plugging in the USB cable.