Reply
Newbie
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-08-2010

VERY unimpressed

Thanks to the latest firmware update, my week old Fuze+ got stuck in a eternal loading loop every time I turned it on, which would eventually just cause the player to lock up.  It could not be resolved by any other means than formatting the memory.  Is this the fix everyone's been waiting for, formatting their new devices after the latest firmware upgrade?  It already loads as slow as molasses compared to the Fuze anyway, now we get to delete all of the media we've spent hours loading onto it.

 

Please make sure that you're doing a great deal more beta testing on your updates before you release them.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,159
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed

You may want to add this to the Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread.

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed

Could have it been some tags that the fuze+ didn't like?  I applied the firmware to my fuze+ and had no issues whatsoever.  Sorry you had the problem.

 

I know in the past I've been less than complimentary about some of Sandisk's products, but I've really been enjoying my unit.

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,159
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed


fuze_owner-GB wrote:

Could have it been some tags that the fuze+ didn't like?  I applied the firmware to my fuze+ and had no issues whatsoever.  Sorry you had the problem.

 

I know in the past I've been less than complimentary about some of Sandisk's products, but I've really been enjoying my unit.


Welcome back, GB!

 

You've been missed! Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed

 


Tapeworm wrote:

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

Could have it been some tags that the fuze+ didn't like?  I applied the firmware to my fuze+ and had no issues whatsoever.  Sorry you had the problem.

 

I know in the past I've been less than complimentary about some of Sandisk's products, but I've really been enjoying my unit.


Welcome back, GB!

 

You've been missed! Smiley Happy


Thanks, Tape...  I've had some life-changing moments a while back, and now I think I can participate in the forum, like an adult for a change...Smiley Wink

 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed

Why did Sandisk make the Fuze+? Were too many Fuzes getting stuck wheels? If Sandisk wanted a successor to the View, why didn't they make a player with a 3.3" touchscreen? Did they think it would cost too much to make?

Is the Fuze discontinued? Imo Sandisk shouldn't discontinue it until they come out with a new audio only player larger than the Clip+ that has tactile buttons.

 

Newbie
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: VERY unimpressed

 


JK98 wrote:

Why did Sandisk make the Fuze+? Were too many Fuzes getting stuck wheels?


I can only speak from my experience. I owned 4 Fuze players, and all had a frozen wheel in 6 to 12 months. I did use the Fuze to train for marathons and endurance sporting events while holding it in my hand. Obviously, the wheel will freeze in a short time frame if exposed to sweat.
I tried the Fuze+, and it had too many issues for me. I am now back to the Fuze and will try it with an armband. I am one customer and have sent 2 Fuze players back for warranty repairs.

 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: VERY unimpressed

Have you tried using a Clip+? My Fuze wheel started sticking after I had it for around a year, but I figured out on my own how to get it unstuck, and since then I have had no sticking problems. Rather than giving up on the wheel, Sandisk should have reengineered it.