Syncing album art using MediaMonkey

Anybody successful with this?  I can’t figure out what magic incantations to use with MediaMonkey in order to get this to work.

Yes, I will also ask this in the MediaMonkey forum, but right now it’d be useful to have info as to what the Sansa Connect expects for album art (embedded in tag, or something else?).

Thanks in advance.

any luck?

I get album art with some songs synced from media monkey. I have been in the habit of putting album art imbedded in the file. I have only used Media monkey to sync my connect. and the art is there on the player.

snerdley wrote:
I get album art with some songs synced from media monkey. I have been in the habit of putting album art imbedded in the file. I have only used Media monkey to sync my connect. and the art is there on the player.

And you don’t have MM set to copy the album art to the song folder, right?

That’s the way I have mine set.  It *seems* to work though I think I’m seeing inconsistent behavior.  I need to do some more testing.

I’ve noticed that, in general, embedding the art in the ID3 tag is the best way to make it work on most MP3 players…  so that’s the way I do it.  I don’t do it very often though; only about a dozen of the hundreds of albums I own actually have album art embedded in them, and none of those are on my Connect right now.

I know this is an old thread, but I found the solution to the album art problem (I’m pretty sure.)  I just bought one of these recently for about $35.  Here are the steps to get your Sandisk Sansa Connect 4GB up and running like a champ:

1.  Download and run the “device recovery” application.

2.  Once your device has been recovered, you can download and run the Media Monkey program to use for tranferring music and updating the ID tags.

3.  Here’s what seems to be the kicker, in order for the Sansa Connect to grab album art correctly, the Sansa Connect expects entries in at least a minimum number of fields.  YOU MUST ENTER:

a.  A title

b.  An artist

c.  An album

d.  A date

e.  A genre.

Once you’ve got at least these five fields with information in them, you can drag and drop a .JPG file into the album art for the song.  Make sure the song is not already on the device (if it is, delete it), then right-click the song in Media Monkey and select “send to - Sansa Connect”.  That should transfer the song WITH the album art.

Good luck all!

-Sam in Kansas

Message Edited by samelcamel on 07-09-2009 07:53 AM

Sam, thanks for the info, I’m going to try this out.  One question, when you said “d. A data”, did you mean a date?

Yes, I meant to say:

d.  A date

I was soo… excited that I figured out how to get the album art to work, that I mis-typed.  I’ve just deleted everything and was able to put the music back on and add music with album art, so it’s no fluke.

Email me if you have any other problems and I’m sure we can get it working.

-Sam

Sam, have you been able to get this to work with songs on microSDHC cards?  If so, do you sync your songs onto your card via MTP (while inserted into the Connect) or via MSC (using a USB adapter)?

Thanks.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 07-09-2009 02:34 PM

I’ve not tried to use a MicroSDHC card.  I actually bought this MP3 player for a birthday present for my son’s friend.  Based off of the way the media player has been acting, I would assume that you should erase the Micro card first, then put it in the player and push the songs up to it one at a time using Media Monkey. 

I haven’t really done any “sync” with the player.  The only thing I’ve done is a basic push of the songs to the device.  I’ve noticed that if you try to re-copy a song or modify it and push it to the device again, sometimes the player acts weird with the album art.  I usually have to “remove” the song using the player and then push it again with Media Monkey.

-Sam

Good stuff.  It works if the songs are copied to the microSDHC card in MTP mode.  If copied via MSC, no go.

Thanks!